Chapter 10

Weiss wasn't sure how they ended up in this situation, an hour ago they were picking outfits for each other, ten minutes ago looking for somewhere to have dinner, only to get lost and run into Roman Torchwick after a White Fang meeting where he was showing off his stolen Military Paladin.

Now, they were running down the highway, jumping on cars as Torchwick in his Paladin chased them, crushing a few unlucky cars in passing.

"Ruby! Do you have a plan?" Weiss called over the wind, quickly using a glyph when she missed the next car.

Ruby glanced over nervously.

"We fight it?" Ruby suggested.

"Are you crazy!?" Weiss shrieked.

Ruby didn't answer, instead continuing to stare at her.

"Alright," Weiss muttered, deciding to ignore the implications there. "How though? People will die if we stay here."

"Then we go somewhere else." Yang said as she drove by on a yellow and black bike, Blake sitting behind her.

"Like where?" Weiss demanded.

"There's a construction site right below us." Blake said, suspiciously calm considering their situation.

"Weiss, freeze the road up ahead." Ruby ordered.

Weiss looked up and found that all the cars had fled, drivers wanting to leave the road alive.

"Alright, I'll meet you down there." Weiss said.

Everyone nodded, Blake and Yang getting off the bike which Yang left out of the way of the Paladin, then jumped down to the construction site below.

Weiss jumped onto the road, waiting for Torchwick to get close enough, then stabbed her sword in the ground, freezing a large amount of the road before following her teammates.

The Paladin skidded and fell onto the ground below, making a small crater before standing and turning towards team RWBY.

"Freezerburn!" Ruby shouted, her and Blake quickly moving out the way as Weiss froze the ground again.

Yang leapt into the air and punched the ice, creating a smoke screen.

The two ran out of the way as Torchwick started blindly shooting wherever he saw movement.

"Checkmate!" Ruby shouted.

Weiss and Blake stabbed the Paladin while dodging attacks, moving gracefully around each other as they did.

"Ladybug!" Ruby called to Blake after a minute.

Ruby took Weiss' place, attacking in perfect sync with the faunus.

As they fought, Ruby caught Blake's eye, who made a few hand gestures, all with her sword still in hand.

While learning the team attacks, Ruby had also taught hand signals so they could communicate in battle without the enemy hearing.

What will we do with him after? Blake asked.

Ruby just shrugged, not really knowing, and moved away.

"Enabler!" Ruby ordered, looking over at the blonde.

Yang ran forward, skating on the remaining ice, then she leapt into Ruby's arms, who propelled her up onto the giant robot.

Ruby winced when she realised her mistake too late.

"Sorry Yang," Ruby mumbled when she heard Yang's cry of pain.

"Ruby! Is Yang okay?" Blake cried, having heard Yang as well.

Ruby didn't answer, instead watching as Yang punched where she knew Torchwick was, Ruby flinched when she heard the sound of broken bones and the smell of blood, the blood not just from the criminal.

Yet somehow, he was still able to manage the controls, sending the Paladin flying forward, straight into a wall.

Yang went through two walls, smacking hard into a third and falling to the ground, getting punched by the giant metal fist as she fell.

Blake saw the blood that Ruby smelt, the blonde covered in cuts and... burns? So vampires were 'allergic' to silver.

"Yang!" Blake cried, running over while ignoring Ruby's cries to stop.

Later, Blake would wonder why she hadn't listened to Ruby, despite Yang bleeding out on the ground.

When she reached the blonde, she dropped on the floor and touched Yang's arm in one of the few places that wasn't bleeding.

"Yang?" Blake asked softly.

Yang lifted her head slightly and looked at her; purple eyes softening despite the pain she was clearly in, only to suddenly widen in fear.

"B-Blake...!" she cried, lifting an arm, but wasn't nearly fast enough as Blake felt an unimaginable amount of pain shoot through her.

----------

"Blake, wait!" Ruby cried as Blake ran over to Yang.

"Ruby..." Weiss said, sounding terrified.

The red head turned and followed Weiss' gaze to the Paladin, whose giant hand seemed to be glowing red, fire dust, pointed straight at Yang and Blake.

Ruby began running toward the Paladin, intending to destroy it before he could release the attack, only for it to get sent flying at them right as the Paladin shut down, Ruby arriving too late.

"Blake...!" Ruby heard Yang cry, and turned to find Yang forcing herself up and pulling the limp, bleeding Blake into her lap.

"Blake!" Ruby cried as she and Weiss rushed over.

"Is she...?" Weiss asked, tears in her eyes as she already knew the answer.

"No," Yang said, carefully turning Blake over to reveal the small, yet heavy breaths coming from her.

"Blake?" Ruby asked hopefully.

"S-Sorry... I didn't... notice." Blake murmured tiredly.

"I'll call an ambulance!" Weiss cried, relieved to see Blake still alive.

"Don't Weiss, call Ozpin." Yang ordered.

"Ozpin? Why?" Weiss asked, scroll in hand.

"Tell me we won't be in class for the next week." Ruby ordered.

Weiss raised an eyebrow, but did as she was told.

"Yang...?" Blake asked weakly.

Yang looked down and saw Blake smiling up at her.

"Don't... look so sad... you said you... could save me?" Blake murmured, reminding Yang of when she offered not long after Blake found out about her and Ruby.

"You offered?" Ruby asked incredulously, more surprised by that than Blake accepting.

"Are you sure?" Yang asked softly, ignoring Ruby.

Blake didn't answer, instead gripping her collar, the action speaking for itself.

"What are you talking about?" Weiss asked, having finished her call to Ozpin, who'd been suspiciously okay with them skipping a week of classes.

"We'll explain later Weiss," Ruby promised.

"Have you... ever done it?" Blake asked, breathes getting more shallow, which they all knew was very bad.

"Nope, but you can sleep, I'll make sure you wake up." Yang promised, already reaching for her shirt collar.

Blake nodded and allowed her eyes to flutter shut, her weak breaths slowing until they stopped completely.

"Yang." Ruby said impatiently.

"I'm getting there, now shut up." Yang snapped.

Weiss watched curiously in awe as Yang sank razor sharp fangs into Blake's neck.

"You're... vampires." Weiss breathed.