Chapter 15

Blake sat in a tree in the forest surrounding the White Fang camp, she had her shadows hiding her in plain view, allowing her to watch without worring about being seen.

When she first arrived, she overheard some people mention that Adam was away, having gone to meet some 'friends' in Vale, they didn't say where, not that it mattered to Blake since all she cared about was doing to Adam what he failed to do to her.

Blake swung her legs, causing her shadows to ripple as they protected her from the sunlight shining between the trees.

She turned toward the camp and noticed a familiar brunette leaving a tent and moving towards a man she didn't recognise.

"Is he coming back?" Blake heard Ilia ask.

"Soon, just be patient Ilia," he said.

"But there's been no sign of Blake for months now, he must know something." Ilia snapped.

"Perhaps, but like I said, you need to be patient, she probably just went to visit her family." the man offered.

Blake frowned.

No one knows? she thought worriedly.

"Maybe, I'm sorry, I'm just worried." Ilia admitted, slumping sadly.

The man's eyes softened.

"We are all worried Ilia, she's just as much a leader to us as Adam." he reassured.

Ilia nodded. "I'm going for a walk, I'll be back soon." she turned toward the treeline where Blake was.

"Don't stay out too long, we don't know when Adam will return and we need to be ready when he does." the man ordered.

"I know, I'll stay near the camp." Ilia promised.

The man nodded and walked away.

Blake bit her lip and wondered if she should thicken her shadows so Ilia wouldn't see her, run, or talk to her, as the brunette reached the forest though, she knew exactly what to do.

----------

Ilia walked casually through the forest, going deeper until she was just out of sight of the camp, but not too far, in case anyone needed her.

As she walked, she sensed someone nearby, like she was being watched, she tensed and glanced around, for early evening it was awfully dark, she hadn't gone in that far.

"Is someone there?" Ilia called.

The shadows rippled and shifted, as though they had a life of their own, and slowly dissipated, revealing a familiar girl sat in a tree, swinging her legs.

"B-Blake?" Ilia asked in shock.

Blake smiled at her, but didn't say anything.

"Wait, is this one of your shadows? Where's the real Blake?" Ilia emanded, as though the Blake in front of her was an imposter who kidnapped her rather than a clone.

"I'm real Ilia, and I can't use shadow clones anymore." Blake explained.

Ilia frowned in confusion.

"What do you mean you can't use them anymore?" Ilia repeated, slowly walking closer.

"Something happened." Blake answered vaguely.

"Be honest with me Blake, you always have before." Ilia ordered.

Blake sighed and jumped down, landing lightly in front of her.

"I... got badly hurt in battle, and my partner at Beacon is a vampire, so she turned me." Blake explained.

Ilia just stared at her.

"Ilia?" Blake asked hesitantly.

"My best friend's a vampire, wow..." she breathed.

"Look, I'll explain everything, I promise, but I need your help." Blake begged with a pleaful look.

"Alright, just one question first," Ilia said. "When you become a vampire, your Semblance changes, so what's yours now?"

Blake blinked in surprise, not expecting that.

"I can control shadows." she answered, flicking her wrist and shadows swirled around them, hiding them from view and making it dark again.

"Cool," Ilia said.

Blake hummed in agreement and jumped in the tree she was sat in earlier, she patted the branch next to her with an inviting smile.

Ilia accepted the invitation and sat next to her with a mock stern look.

"Tell me everything, starting from when you and Adam left." Ilia ordered.