Sʅҽҽρყ Dҽαƚԋ

"Some hate me, yet some crave me. However, everyone is aware of me. I am inevitable"

~Adrestia's PoV~

After drowning my sorrows in alcohol for the past hour or so I finally decide to ask our plan to stop the end of the world. Being Death meant I'll end up being summoned by the anti-christ and then having to meet up with the others. The others being, war, famine, and pollution. I missed Pestilence dearly, he and I were rather good friends but he retired and pollution came into play, I hated pollution, scarring the world forever and ruining beautiful landscapes. Luckily the rest of the team feared me so they never tested me. If they dared to they would be 'retiring' too. I was too drunk to notice that well, I was the only drunk one.

"So So- what's our plan?" I slurred, sprawling out on the bookshop floor wine bottles surrounding me. "Well, the plan is to get this dipshit to help us out," Crowley says with a chuckle, bending down and teasing me with a bottle, bringing it into my reach then as soon as I went to grab it pulling it away. "Crooowwleeeyy" I whine, folding my arms and pouting, this only makes him laugh more, so I raise a shadow and snatch the bottle while he was laughing.

"I can't interfere with the Divine Plan." Aziraphale states, what even is the Divine plan? I've never been told what to do and what not to do, well to some extent, but if there were a Divine plan wouldn't all angels and demons be given like a manual or rule book on how not to fuck it all up? Crowley groans before an idea pops into his head

"Well, what about diabolical plans?" He asks, the clever little demon, "you can't be certain that thwarting me isn't part of the Divine Plan, too. I mean you're supposed to thwart the wiles of the Evil One at every turn aren't you?" he continues, stepping closer to Aziraphale, "Well..." is all he says, he's considering it. "You sEe a wile ya' thwart. Am IiiiI riight?" I burp, making the pair turn to me "Heh exuUse me" I giggle attempting to stand up and stumble over to grab a seat. Instead, I end up using Crowley as support, he rolls his eyes before giving me a hand and helping me to lean against him to join in the conversation. "I... Broadly." Aziraphale says, looking at the pair of us. "Actually, I encourage the humans to do the actual--" Crowley then cuts in "But the Antichrist has been born. But it's the actual upbringing that's important, the influences, the evil influences, that's all gonna be me, maybe some her" Crowley says, nudging me slightly, noticing that my eyes were drooping closed. I shake my head, "I like to let the humans choose their own path, despite being 80% demon and 20% angel" I slurr out, emphasizing my vowels Crowley shrugs, continuing his speech "It'd be too bad if someone made sure that I failed." sarcasm laced his words, I could feel myself drifting off and leaning more and more into Crowley's side, I enjoyed being in his arms, a side that he would often try and hide from people, but he always softens up around myself, more than he does around Aziraphale apparently.

Aziraphale finally catches on to Crowley's idea and with a smile says "If you put it that way... Heaven couldn't actually object if I was thwarting you." Crowley smiles, before taking a seat and pulling me down with him, I leaned into his side, losing the battle against sleep.

~Crowley's PoV~

As I sat down I gently pulled Adrestia down with me, she quickly got comfortable and buried herself into my side making me smile. I quickly wiped the smile away before anyone saw and went back to addressing Aziraphale. "No. Be a real feather in your wing". Aziraphale pauses and looks over at myself and Addie before extending his hand to make the deal official. I smile, "We'd be godparents, sort of, overseeing his upbringing. We do it right he won't be evil. Or good, he'll just be normal." I grin, starting to feel quite proud of my little scheme. "I-It might work! Godparents" Aziraphale beamed, seeming well chuffed with the idea "Well I'll be damned" he chuckles. "It's not that bad when you get used to it" His smile falls, and I chuckle.

I look down to notice that Adrestia has fallen asleep, I brush her hair from her face and instantly find myself smiling again. I hear Aziraphale laugh. "What?" I ask, looking over at him with a cross expression. "Well it's just, all these years and you've never told her. It's clear you love her Crowley so why don't you just, demon up and tell the girl?" He says, stirring a straw in his glass. I sigh, holding my head in my hand. "I'm a demon" I breathe out, looking at the sleeping death at my side. "So?" Aziraphale asks, looking confused. I stare at him and cock an eyebrow, how could he be so idiotic sometimes. "She's Death. The death, outranking me by a mile Aziraphale, besides I'm sure she doesn't feel the same." I groan, continuing to look at her, admiring her perfect features. "Love is Love Crowley, and I know it when I see it" Aziraphale smiles, getting up and placing a hand on my shoulder as if he was comforting me. "What is that?" I gesture to the hand and he quickly moves it "I-I thought we were having a bonding moment" Aziraphale stutters making me laugh, "never again" I sigh.

"Where's she going then?" Aziraphale smiles, his eyes darting between myself and Adrestia. I try and wake her up, being as calm and gentle as possible but nothing. She's out cold. "Can't you keep her here at the shop?" I ask, and Aziraphale shakes his head. "No can do, besides I'm sure she'd rather stay with you." I sigh, before picking her up as if she were a beautiful bride and walking out the book shop. "See you when I see you!" I shout back at Aziraphale.

We arrive at my apartment and I quickly look around, walking past my plants and inspecting them for failure. Finally, I reach my bedroom and lower Adrestia onto the bed. After pulling the sheets over her I sit next to her and watch with wonder. Wonder as to if she does feel the same, what our lives would be like. "Good night Addie" I lean over, kissing her forehead, before getting up and leaving the room. "Night Crowley" I hear as I shut off the lights. What would life be like indeed...

A/N

First off thank you guys for reading! I didn't think this would be that popular but hey, over 20 reads already woooaa!! Wanted to tell you all that the chapter's image is Adrestia's iconic clothes, like unless I state otherwise that's what she is wearing mkay? Danke hope you like it! Ngl I really want that jacket if anyone finds it message me asap kiddos :)) anyways adios and hope you guys are all having a swell morning/day/afternoon/evening/night :))))

- Pixel