αɭɭ ƚԋҽ ɯσɾɭԃ'ʂ α ʂƚαɠҽ

"𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒'𝓈 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒜𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒶, 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒?"

1601
The Globe Theatre, London
God's PoV

The stage was set, yet the audience was basically non-existent, I often get asked if it was part of my plan for Shakespeare to become successful and well, I would like to say it was. But all great things start out small, then they grow into the phenomenon they are destined to be. The crowd at the theatre was nothing exciting but it did contain three people of interest. An Angel stood in the middle of the bare audience, taking in every second of the play, enjoying the 'freedom' he had on earth. His name? Aziraphale, he always enjoyed the simple things in life and made sure to thank me whenever he could. Off to the side leaning against the stands, was the representative of the dark forces, a fallen Angel known as Crowley. He was clearly judging the show, with a slight interest into what was going on but he appeared to be more interested in the girl sitting to the far left of the stage, feet dangling off and swinging from the ledge. That would be Adrestia, a mischevious horseman who, despite her purpose, always tired to be cheery and make those around her laugh. These three, um, personalities were like the keepers of the earth. Watching it for their respective sides, yet Adrestia didn't seem to have one. She preferred to create chaos but today was free of her usual antics.

Aziraphale was buying some grapes, whilst the show on stage continued, he was unaware of the demon coming up behind him and making the angel jump at his sudden appearance. "I thought you said we'd be inconspicuous here. Blend in among the crowds" stated the red-haired demon, looking around and once again laying eyes of the dark-haired girl sitting on the stage. "Well, that was the idea." The angel tutted in response, chomping on a grape as he said so. The human known as Shakespeare ran across to pause the play. "This isn't one of Shakespeare's gloomy ones, is it? Ugh, no wonder nobody's here" The demon crowd, quickly being shushed by Aziraphale as the man himself got closer to the pair. "Prithee, gentles. Might I request small favour? Could you, in your role as the audience give us more to work with." Shakespeare inquired, this gained Adrestia's attention as she smirked and in a flash appeared behind the man, clearing her throat. "Yes, the pair of you are god awful at that role" She chuckles, folding her arms and sarcastically shaking her head. Crowley glared at the girl while Aziraphale continued to converse with William, "You mean, like when the ghost of his father came on, and I said 'he's behind you!'?" Adrestia rolled her eyes at this, thinking, 'it's like being with a cringy father I swear it's like painful when he does these things'. Shakespeare smiles telling him that it was "Jolly helpful, made everyone on stage feel appreciated. A bit more of that" before telling the actor to continue.

"Hamlet, now with audience participation what could be better?" Adrestia sighed fiddling with her corset. "What are you doing Addie?" Crowley asked, noticing the small scene she was creating. "Ok sorry, but if you had to go around wearing this all day you too would be loosening it, it's like walking around with a snake around your bloody waist and I am not all for it!" She whisper yelled, giving a sigh of relief as the corset became loose. Crowley smirked, before 'snaking' his arm around the girl's waist and pulling her slightly towards himself. Death looked up trying to figure out what he was doing, her eyes then lit up "Ooooh I get it, cause you are basically a snake too, har de har how hilarious Crowley" She snickered, playfully punching his arm. This conversation took place as Aziraphale was trying to convince the actor that he was amazing.

"And what do your friends think?" The actor asked, attempting to get a critique from Death and a Demon. "Oh, they're not my friends. We have never met before. We don't know each other." The angel exclaims, his tone becoming very serious. "I think you should get on with the play" Crowley sneers to the boy. Adrestia sighs "And I think your pretty good and shouldn't listen to this asshole beside me!", she then shouts, pushing Crowley over and stepping forward.

He then continues his soliloquy, with Aziraphale joining in answering his rhetorical questions, making Adrestia throw her head into her hands and Crowley just chuckle. "He's very good isn't he?" Aziraphale asks, turning to face his comrades, "Age does not wither, nor custom stale his infinite variety." Crowley states, eyes fixed on the stage, Adrestia stares at him with wide eyes "Since when did you become wise?" She asked, just getting a shrug as an answer. "Mmm! Yeah, I like that." Shakespeare says, jotting it down, Adrestia cocks a brow before whispering to Crowley, "two can play at that game" She then walks forward jumping up to the stage and telling the actor to shush for a second. "Hoi William, you may like this!" She shouts over, before fixing her corset from earlier and clearing her throat.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms;
And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lin'd,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well sav'd, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion;
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.
"

The woman reads aloud, pacing back and forth, giving the speech it's high points and low points. Making eye contact with every member of the audience. You can tell that she had practised this, wrote it down maybe but if you were to ask her, well she would simply deny it saying it was in the spur of the moment. The speech was carried out with many hand gestures, a suave walk and full of confidence and energy that many actors of that era lacked. The audience was dumbfounded until a clap came from none other than Shakespeare himself, eventually, everyone in the theatre was clapping and cheering. Death laughed before taking a bow and hoping back of the stage. "Boom" was all she said as she returned to Crowley's side with a smirk. Both the Angel and Demon stared at the girl amazed. They had no clue she was this talented and it seemed as though they had forgotten how to talk. "Well well well my dear, you must come with me at once so we can write this down! It's amazing!" Shakespeare ran over and continued to fuss over the woman before leading her away with many questions. She waved back at the boys, "What shall be the characters name?" Shakespeare asked, already planning out a new play. "Hmm how about Jaques?"

A/N

I am sorry that this was only one of the flashback scenes but I just like Shakespeare mkay? The speech Adrestia makes is my all time favourite and is from the play 'As You Like It' which I would recomend to anybody, as confusing as it is, it's also amazing aha! Sorry for the delay and updates may be slower than usual as I am still dealing with a private issue at the moment but I don't want to leave you all waiting!!! Anyways, adios my lovelies and thank you for the support (11K reads and over 500 votes tf??!) bye for now!!

- Pixel xx