eighteen

He takes me to the beach and places me next to Tyrion. He also put gags in our mouths so we can't talk. I try to take the dagger on my waist but I can't reach.

He comes back and carries Tyrion and me to the boat.

*

"Will you untie us?" Tyrion tries to say but it comes out muffled because of the gag.

"Will you please untie us?" I ask but it comes out muffled.

Tyrion starts to sings very annoyingly so he will take the gags out or untie us. I join him.

He finally takes the gags off.

"Thank you," Tyrion says.

"Who are you?" I ask him once again.

"Your captor."

"Do you have wine?" Tyrion asks looking around.

"No."

"Can't sleep without wine."

"Then stay awake."

I look around at where we are, "You're going the wrong way. My mother is in Westeros. Westeros is west. We're heading east."

"I'm not taking you to your mother. I'm taking you to the queen."

"My mother is the queen."

"Queen Daenerys Targaryen. The queen I serve."

Tyrion and I both laugh.

"What a waste of a good kidnapping," Tyrion says.

"It just so happens that's where we were going," I say.

"What business would you have with the queen?"

"Gold and glory," Tyrion says, "Oh and hate. If you ever met my sister you'd understand."

"So now that it's clear that we are on the same side..." I put out my hands hoping he will untie us but he doesn't, "A highborn knight from the north of Westeros down on his luck in Essos," I look at his stuff, "Dragon epaulets, bear sigil breastplate. You're of House Mormont."

"Jorah Mormont," Tyrion says, "I have to ask. How exactly were you serving your queen in a whorehouse half a world away? Is it possible that you were running? Why would you be running? And why would she have sent you away? Oh wait, you were spying on her, weren't you? It's all coming back to me. I was drunk through most of the small council meetings. But it's all coming back. You passed notes to Varys little birds. She found out, didn't she? Found out and exiled you. Now you about to win back her favor with a gift. Risky scheme. One might even say desperate. Do you think Daenerys with execute us and pardon you? I'd say the reverse is just as likely."

He gets up and punches Tyrion in the face knocking him out.

*

My writs start to hurt from the tight ropes. They start to bleed the more I move.

Tyrion finally wakes up.

"Nice if you to join us," I say.

"Where are we now?" Tyrion asks, "Not the Rhoyne."

Jorah doesn't respond.

"Long, sullen silences and the occasional punch in the face...Let's start over. I apologize for before. My mouth sometimes runs away from me. This doesn't have to be an unpleasant trip. We're going to be spending a lot of time together on the way to Meereen."

"We are," Jorah says.

"What should make our time together truly enjoyable would be some wine."