twenty-six

Tyrion, Missandei, a few Dothraki, and I stand at the shore as Jon Snow arrives in a canoe. Jon and a few others step out of the canoe.

"The bastard of Winterfell," Tyrion says.

"The dwarf of Casterly Rock," Jon says. They both smile. 

They shake hands, "I believe we last saw each other atop the Wall."

"You were pissing off the edge if I remember right. Picked up some scares along the road."

"It's been a long road but we're both still here."

Jon looks at me, "Lady Scarlett," he says with a smile nodding his head a little.

"Lord Snow." I smile back.

"I'm Tyrion Lannister," Tyrion introduces himself to the people behind Jon.

"Davos Seaworth," he walks up to the shake Tyrion's hand. 

"Ah, the Onion Knight," I say, "Oh, and I'm Scarlett Baratheon."

"We fought on opposite sides at the Battle of Blackwater Bay," Tyrion says.

"Unluckily for me," Ser Davos says. 

"Missandei is the queen's most trusted advisor," he turns around looking at her.

"Welcome to Dragonstone," She says, "Our queen knows it is a long journey. She appreciated the efforts you have made on her behalf. If you wouldn't mind handing over your weapons."

"Of course," Jon says slightly hesitant. The Dothraki collect their weapons.

"Please this way."

We start to walk towards the castle. We walk along the narrow stone path.

"And Sansa?" I ask Jon, "I hear she is alive and well."

"She is."

"Does she miss me terribly?" Tyrion says. Jon doesn't say anything, "A sham marriage. And unconsummated."

"I didn't ask."

"Well, it was. Wasn't. Anyway...she's much smarter than she lets on."

"She's starting to let on."

"Good," I say.

"At some point, I want to hear how a night's watch recruit became King in the North," Tyrion says.

"As long as you tell me how a Lannister and a Baratheon became hand and guard to Daenerys Targaryen."

"A long and bloody tale," I say.

"To be honest, I was drunk for most of it," Tyrion says.

"My bannerman think I'm a fool for coming here," Jon Snow says. 

"Of course they do. If I was your Hand, I would have advised against it. General rule of thumb- Stark men don't fare well when they travel south."

"True...but I'm not a Stark."

One of the dragons flies right above our heads and screeches scaring Jon and Ser Davos. They both drop to the ground. 

I help Jon up, "I'd say you get used to them...but you never really do." Jon watches at the dragons fly around the castle. "Come, their mother is waiting for you."

We walk into the throne room. Daenerys is sitting on the throne. Jon and Ser Davos stand in the middle of the room. Missandei, Tyrion, and I go to the front of the room and we turn around to face them.

"You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen," Missandei says, "rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms,  the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains."