twenty-one

Tyrion and I sit on the steps in Daenerys Throne Room.

Sitting on the steps below us are Daario and Jorah.

"You love her, don't you?" Tyrion asks, "How could you not? Of course, it's hopeless for the both of you. A sellsword from the fighting pits and a disgraced knight. Neither one of you is fit consort for a queen. But we always want the wrong woman."

"Does he always talk so much?" Daario asks Jorah. Jorah nods his head yes.

Missandei and Grey Worm walk in. He has a bandage going around his waist.

"Jorah the Andal," Greyworm says

Jorah says something in a different language.

"He should not be here."

"No, but he is," I say.

"Our queen ordered him exiled from city."

"Our queen would be dead if not for him. There's no way I would've known there was somebody behind us if it wasn't for Ser Jorah."

Missandei talks to Greyworm in Valyrian, "It's true. And I would be dead if not for the...little man."

"Dwarf," Tyrion says, "I believe that's the word. Apologies. My Valyrian is a bit nostril."

"A bit rusty," Missandei says.

"He's the one who taught me," I say, "So mine is a bit rusty too."

She smiles.

"I am sorry," Grey Worm says, "Sorry I not there to fight for our queen."

"You missed a good scrap," Daario says.

"None of that matters now," Jorah says, "The longer we sit here bantering, the longer Daenerys is out there in the wilderness."

"He's right," I say, "The dragons headed north. If we're going to find her that's where we'll have to go." Tyrion and I stand up.

"We? You're part Lannister. The queen intends to remove your family from power."

"And we intend to help her do it," Tyrion says.

"You've been here for how many days now? I fought for her for years. Since she was little more than a child."

"You betrayed her."

"Careful now."

"And she exiled you. Twice, I believe."

"The second time, thanks to you."

"Don't blame me for your crimes, Mormont."

"He's right," Daario says standing up, "Our queen exiled Jorah. And he's right. Jorah helped save her life. Perhaps she feels differently about him now. Perhaps not. The only way we'll know is if we ask her."

"Fine, fine. I suppose he can join us. Just as long as he promises not to kill me in my sleep."

"If I ever kill you, your eyes will be wide open," says Jorah

"Forgive me, but why would we bring you?" Daario says.

"Pardon me?"

"Have you ever tracked animals in the wilderness?"

"Not precisely," Tyrion says, "But we have other skills that would be useful."

"I know she can fight. You would be useful on this expedition," he says looking at me, "But can you?" he asks Tyrion.

"I have fought. I don't claim to be a great warrior."

"Are you good on a horse?"

"Middling."

"So mainly you talk."

"And drink. I've survived so far."

"Which I respect, but you would not help us on this expedition You would help us here in Meereen, though. None of us have experience governing a city except for him. You want to prove your value to the queen? Provide it right here in Meereen."

"He's a foreign dwarf that barley speaks the language," Jorah says," Why would the Meereenese listen to him?"

"They wouldn't. They will listen to Grey Worm."

"I'll come with you," Grey Worm says, "I'll find our queen."

"You are not strong enough to go anywhere," Missandei tells him.

"I am."

"He's is," Daario says, "He's the toughest man with no balls I ever met. But you still can't go. The people believe in you. They know you speak for the queen."

"It's true," Missandei says, "Only the Unsullied can keep the peace in Meereen. If you leave, half this city will consume the other half."

"And Missandei. Our queen trusts no one more than Missandei. Certainly not me. The queens closest confidante, the commander of the Unsullied, and a foreign dwarf with a scarred face. Good fortune, my friends. Meereen is ancient and glorious. Try not to ruin her. Looks like it's us three Jorah the Andal, and a warrior princess. Let's find some good horses. We have so much to talk about."

I give a slight nod to Tryion before I follow Daario.

We find three good horses. Last time I rode a horse was from when we visited Winterfell so this should be interesting.

*

We ride through green hills in search of a trail leading us to Daenerys.

"So how does a girl go from princess to warrior princess?" Daario asks me.

"Umm well, I had always wanted to learn how to fight. I kept asking my uncle Jaime to train me but my mother forbade it. Anyways, one day Jaime left his sword out and I decided that I would try to use it. I would have chopped my hand off if he didn't run in and catch the sword before I dropped it. So he decided that he would teach me to fight to keep me from killing myself."

We ride for a little while longer until we find an animals skeleton. It looks burnt.

Jorah gets off his horse to go look at it. He picks up the skull.

"Goat?" I ask.

"Ram," Jorah says.

"You think our friend got him?" Daario says.

"Don't know anything else that can melt a ram's horn."

"We're on the right path then," I say.

We ride in the same direction hoping to find more clues.

We find a place where there's no grass. Like somebody trampled over it. There's a spot in the middle that still has grass. Something was behind surrounded.

"An army?" Daario asks.

"Not an army, a horde," Jorah says getting off his horse.  

"Dothraki?" I suggest.

He pick us one of her rings from the ground, "They have her."