twenty-two

We follow the trail to get to Daenerys.

Everything here is dry and brown. Its the hottest weather I've ever experienced.

Daario leads the way, I'm not too far behind him. Jorah is way farther back. He takes a small break and he looks out of breath.

Daario and I stop walking, "You all right?" I ask.

"Why don't you sit and catch your breath?" Daario says.

"I'm fine," Jorah says.

"I don't think you could ride the dragon. Twenty years ago, maybe."

Jorah walks up to us, "What?"

"Our queen. She's wild, you know. Don't let her size fool you. It's hard enough for me, and I'm a young man. You...I don't think your heart could take it."

"Can we not to his right now?" I ask but they ignore me.

We continue to walk and they keep arguing but I choose to ignore them.

We can see where the Dothraki live from the hill. We sit on the edge of the cliff.

"The road running through the Horse Gate, they call that the godsawy," Jorah says, he starts to point, "Eastern market. Western market. When Khal Drogo died she was supposed to come here and join the Dosh Khaleen, the widows of the dead khals. That's where they've taken her. The temple of the Dosh Khaleen."

Jorah gets up, "What are you doing?" Daario asks.

"It's forbidden to carry weapons in the sacred city," Jorah says taking off the scabbard that hangs in his waist

"Isn't it forbidden to sneak into their city and steal their khaleesi?" I say.

"If they spot us we are unarmed, we'll say we're traders heading for the Western Market. But if they see weapons."

"You're asking a dog to hand over his teeth," Daario says.

Daario takes off his scabbard. I take off mine too. I put my dagger in my boot just in case.

"There's 100,000 of them down there. We can't fight our way out. We wait till dark, and then we'll find her."

Jorah tries to make Daario give him his favorite knife but Daario refuses. While Jorah has his hand own we catch a glimpse of his arm which has a patch grey scale.

"Don't worry. It didn't touch you," he says.

"You know what happens?" Daario asks.

"I know what happens."

We sneak into the city when the sunsets. It's loud and full of people. We hid behind a fence.

A woman and a man just start randomly fucking in front of everybody.

"I should have been born a Dothraki," Daario says.

We move from that spot. We run quietly to hide behind a wall. We go down a dark ally way but we hear two men speaking Dorthraki walking towards us.

"Come on," Jorah says.

Jorah starts talking to them in Dothraki. Both Daario and I never learned the language so we just pretend we know what they are talking about.

They look like they don't believe whatever Jorah is saying. One of them runs off and Daario chases him. The man punches Jorah is the face knocking him down. I kick him making him stumble back a little but he punches me in the face, not as hard as he hit Jorah. I wipe my lip with my thumb looking at the crimson red blood. Jorah gets in a few good punches but he knocks Jorah down again.

I swipe his feet, he falls and hits his head on the ground. I grab him from behind holding him in a headlock with one arm. With the other hand, I cover his nose and mouth. He kicks and tries to hit me in the face with his hands. I hold a tighter grip. He stops struggling and his body goes limp.

I help Jorah up.

Daario runs back to where we are, "You guys good?"

We look at each other and the nod.

We make it to the temple they are holding Daenerys. We spot Daenerys walking with another woman. Daario grabs the other women putting his hand on her mouth and pointing a knife at her throat. Apparently, he kept his knife also.

"No, don't hurt her," Daenerys says.

"She'll give us away," Daario says.

"We have to go now," Jorah says.

Daenerys grabs Daarios hand making him lower the knife.

"We will never get out of Vaes Dothrak alive."

"All we can do it try," I say

"No. We can do more than that. And you're going to help me."

She talks to the girl in Dothraki and I assume she asks for help because she nods her head yes. Daario slowly lifts his hand, letting her go.

*

Daenerys burns the temple to the ground. All of the Dothraki run-up to it while we watch from the back.

Daenerys walks out unburnt. All of the Dothraki begin to kneel before her. We walk up there also kneeling before her.