twenty-eight

Drogon sits on a tiny hill roaring at what remains of the Lannister army below us. I ride up next to Tyrion on my horse. I get down and she stays right next to me.

"I know what Cersei has told you," Daenerys says standing on top of a rock, "That I've come to destroy your cities, burn down your homes, murder you, and orphan your children. That's Cersei Lannister, not me. I'm not here to murder, and all I want to destroy is the wheel that has rolled over the rich and poor to the benefit of no one but the Cersei Lannisters of the world. I offer you a choice to bend the knee and join me. Together, we will leave the world a better place than we found it. Or refuse...and die."

A few bend the knee. Drogon roars at then making almost all of them bend the knee.

"Step forward, my lord." A man steps forward and its Randyll Tarly, "You will not kneel?"

"I already have a queen."

"My sister," Tyrion says, "She wasn't your queen until recently though, was she? When she murdered your rightful queen and destroyed House Tyrell for all time. So it appears your allegiances are somewhat flexible."

"There are no easy choices in war. Say what you will about your sister, she was born in Westeros. She's lived here all her life. You, on the other hand, murdered your own father and chose to support a foreign invader," I go to take my sword back out of the scabbard but Tyrion stops me, "One with no ties to this land... with an army of savages at her back."

"You will not trade your honor for your life," Daenerys says, "I respect that."

"Perhaps he could take the black, your grace," Tyrion says, "Whatever he is, he is a true soldier. He'd be invaluable at the Wall."

"You cannot send me to the Wall. You are not my queen."

Daenerys looks at the Dothraki and three slowly walk up towards him. They grab him and bring him forward. 

Tyrion goes up to stand on the rock next to Daenerys.

"You will have to kill me, too," his son says.

"You step back and shut your mouth."

"Who are you?" Daenerys asks

"A stupid boy."

"I am Dickon Tarly son of Randall Tarly," he says.

"You are the future of your house," Tyrion says, "The war has already wiped one great house from this world. Don't let it happen again. Bend the knee."

He looks at his father and he nods. He looks back at Tyrion and Daenerys, "I will not."

The Dothraki bring both of them forward.

"Lord Randall Tarly, Dickon Tarly. I, Daenerys of House Targaryen, First of My Name, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons, sentence you to die...Dracarys." Drogon burns them with his firey breath. They scream and cry out in agony as they burn to death.

Every single man in the Lannister army kneels.

All that's left of Randell and Dickon Tarly is ash.

*

Jon reads a letter sent to him from Winterfell, "I thought Arya was dead. I thought Bran was dead."

"I'm happy for you," Daenerys says, "You don't look happy."

"Bran saw the Night King and his army marching towards Eastwatch. If they make it past the Wall..."

"The wall has kept them out for thousands of years," I say.

"I need to go home."

"You said you don't have enough men," Daenerys reminds him.

"We'll fight with the men we have. Unless you'll join us."