twenty-seven

Missandei, Daenerys, and I are sitting in Daenerys room. Daenerys and I have a glass of wine while Missandei sits there looking stressed and worried. 

"Missandei," I say grabbing her attention, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm just...worried about Greyworm that's all."

"I'm sure he'll be okay," Daenerys says, "He's a great warrior."

"You love him," I say, "I can see it in your eyes." She tenses a little, "Don't worry, I love somebody too."

"Who?" Daenerys asks.

I take a drink of mine, "He was Tyrion's squire. When my mother found out, she didn't approve. She tried to have him killed. So I had to send him away so he'd be safe. I don't know if I'll ever see him again."

Daenerys gives me a sympathetic look.

Missandei hesitates before asking, "Did you two ever..did you two have..?"

Daenerys and I look at each other before I answer, "Once or twice. Why? Did you and Greyworm..?" She looks down and Daenerys and I look at each other in shock, "Okay but how would that- they don't have-"

We get interrupted by a Dorthaki telling us Jon request to see Daenerys.

*

Varys, Tyrion, and I wait outside the cave for Daenerys, Jon, Ser Davos, and Missandei to exit the cave where the dragon glass is.

"Was is it?" Daenerys asks.

"We took Casterly Rock," I say.

"That's very good to hear." Tyrion and I share a look, "Isn't it?"

We explain that half the army wasn't there. That they went to High Garden and killed Olenna Tyrell instead of protecting Casterly Rock. 

Daenerys walks away pissed and we follow behind her.

"You'll want to discuss this amongst yourselves," Ser Davos says, "Perhaps-"

"You will stay," Daenerys says, "All my allies are gone. They've been taken from me while I've been sitting here on this island."

"You still have the largest armies," Tyrion reminds her.

"Who won't be able to eat because Cersei has taken all the food from the Reach."

"Call Grey Worm and the Unsullied back. We still have enough ships to carry the Dothraki to them mainland. Commit to the blockade to King's Landing. We have a plan. It's still the right plan."

"The right plan!" she stops walking and turns around to face Tyrion, "Your strategy has lost us Dorne, the Iron Islands, and the Reach."

"If I have underestimated our enemies..."

"Our enemies? Your family, you mean. Perhaps you don't want to hurt them after all,"  we hear the dragons screeching in the distance, "Enough with the clever plans. I have three large dragons. I'm going to fly them to the Red Keep."

"We've discussed this."

"My enemies are in my Red Keep. What kind of queen am I if I'm not willing to risk my life to fight them?"

"A smart one."

She looks at Jon, "What do you think I should do?"

"I would never presume to-"

"I'm at war. I'm losing," She walks closer to him, "What do you think I should do?"

"I never thought that dragons would exist again. No one did. The people who follow you know that you made something impossible happen. Maybe that helps them believe that you can make over impossible things happen. Build a world that's different from the shit one they've always known. But if you use them to melt castles and burn cities, you're not different. You're just more of the same."

*

We are in a canoe about to arrive at High Garden ready with the Dothraki hoard in the ships behind us reading to fight the Lannister army. 

"Please be safe," Tyrion tells me, "This is your first time leading an army. I need you to be smart. There is no way you are dying on me."

"I promise you, I'm not dying out there."

The Dothraki hoard ride down the hill on their horses. I lead in the front. We are heading straight for the Lannister army. The Dothraki are screaming and raising their weapons as they run down the hill. Coming from behind us is Daenerys riding Drogon. 

Drogon burns some men in the front. They scream in agony as they burn to death. We are able to ride through the fire. 

I have my sword out cutting the men's throats or cutting off their heads as I ride past them. We outnumber them by hundreds. The Dothraki push through all the men in the front. Trampling most of them with the horse. 

I jump off my black horse. I make sure to leave her in a safe spot. I run into battle. I get into a sword fight with a man. As soon as I get an opening I stab him in the stomach. I look up and I see Jaime and Bronn. I feel almost feel guilty when I see them. They are my uncle and my friend and right now we are on opposite sides of a war. We look at each other for what feels like forever until I see someone trying to stab me out of the corner of my eye. I turn around cutting his head clean off. 

There are men dying left and right. Some burn to death. Some lay there bleeding out. 

I look up and I see a Dothraki about to kill Jaime. I look up to see Daenerys is nowhere near where I'm at. I run over to Jaime and I stab the Dothraki in the neck from behind. The body falls to the ground revealing to Jaime that I am the one that just saved him.

I nod. He nods back he looks surprised and what I just did and well I am too. I turn around to go back to killing the Lannister army.

There isn't much of the Lannister army left. I find my horse and I mount him. I start to ride through to look around at the damage done. I stop when I see Bronn shoot a giant arrow at Daenerys and Drogon. He reloads the machine and shoots again hitting drogon in the side. Drogon falls for a second before he is able to pull himself together. Bronn jumps out of the way before drogon burns the contraption. Drogon lands safely on the ground. Daenerys gets off so she can try to pull the arrow out. I watch Jaime pick up a spear and run straight at Daenerys.

"You fucking idiot," I whisper to myself as I watch Jaime try to kill Daenerys. 

Drogon opens his mouth to bur Jaime alive. I feel my heart drop to my stomach thinking Jaime is about to die. But Bronn jumps off his horse causing them both to fall into the water. I let go of the breath that I didn't know I was holding.