Love, Lance [pt7]

TW: Major Character Death/Suicide/Gore

Please read safely, I love you all <3

not proofread

----------------------------------------------------------------

   Lance neatly places every note in a line on his bed. He takes off his jacket and leaves it at the edge of his bed. Tears start forming but he refuses to let them fall. Not yet at least.

   He grabs his Bayard from his bedside table and walks into the bathroom. He doesn't want the notes to get blood on them.

   Lance takes a deep breath as he activates his Bayard and places it under his chin. He lets the tears fall down his face as his finger squeezes the trigger.

   It's eerily quiet in the castle when a gunshot is heard.

   Everyone is quick to rush to where the sound had come from, Lance's room.

   Pidge is first to arrive, only to find the door is locked.

   "Lance? Are you okay?" She pounds on the door, worried for her friend.

   When she gets no reply, she starts hacking the door to get it to unlock. Everyone is at the door when it finally opens.

   The strong smell of iron fills the air, causing Hunk to gag.

   Upon entering the room, a pool of blood can be seen spilling out from underneath the bathroom door.

   Keith rushes to the door, letting the smell of blood grow stronger once he opens the door.

   "No, no, no, Lance!" Keith drops to the ground and cradles the limp body.

   Blood is splattered on the ceiling and a few walls, along with chunks of Lance's brain. There's so much blood on the ground it seems unbelievable. Lance's face was almost unrecognizable. The bullet had done some damage.

   Hunk looked over to see Keith's back and a limp body of Lance. He quickly left the room and puked in the hallway.

   In a state of shock, Pidge went to the bed and saw the notes. She began sobbing as Coran walked up beside her.

   Shiro walked up to Keith and placed a hand on his shoulder.

   "He's gone, Keith." Shiro strained the words out, tears falling from his eyes.

   "We have to help him, we need to put him in a pod, get a pod ready!" Keith screamed.

   "A pod can't bring him back." Shiro replied.

   "It's my fault, it's all my fault." Keith began muttering and rocking back and forth.

   Allura was frozen in shock, her skin growing pale as reality sinks in. She stumbles and falls against a wall, silent tears falling down as she faints.

   Shiro drags Keith out of the room and sits him outside before helping Coran move the princess as well.

   Everyone sits outside Lance's room in a state of shock.

~~~

   Everyone sobs as Lance's body is thrown out the airlock, now one with the stars.

   Lance had so much love to give and the team regrets with every fiber of their being that they did not give enough back.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly what was that ending.

This was actually really hard to write as I've seen a suicide by gunshot before. It's horrifying and the aftermath is too. I stopped myself from describing what deformities happen to the face because I'd rather not picture that currently. 

I'm just now realizing the amount of death I've seen and heard of is probably unhealthy...

WELP ANYWAYS HOPE THIS WASN'T TRASH SORRY FOR THAT TRAGIC BACKSTORY LOL