Becca Backstory

The next day Becca tries to talk to us a few times, but Peter pulls us the other direction.

"If you want to forgive Becca, that's your business, I'm just saying I'm not going to," Peter says to me during lunch the next day. 

"I'm not saying I forgive her, I'm just saying we should hear her out," I tell him.

"You can do whatever you want," he answers. 

...

"How can you say that!" I yell at Becca. 

"It's true, you two never support me," Becca jabs back

"I've always supported you, no matter what idiotic thing you wanted, I was there for you" I respond.

Before she can reply, I walk away from her as fast as I can. 

I run into Peter in the hallway and he asks me what's wrong. 

"Becca...I...can't...she...it hurts...why?" I stumble and struggle.

"It hurts because she was your best friend," Peter replies while holding me in a tight hug as I cry.

...

I can't stop crying and it feels like I've been crying forever. Becca and I had been through a lot together.

I'm sitting in the hospital doing nothing but wishing my own death. I close my eyes and hope to feel something, anything. That's when it happens, a knock on the door. I open my eyes to see a girl standing in the doorway of my room.

"Can I help you?" I ask a little rudely.

"Um I was working in group today and I was wondering if you needed a friend," the girl says.

"Thanks but no thanks," I reply.

"Oh...okay," she answers, "but I'll be here if you need me."

I roll my eyes as she leaves.

...

It's lunch time and I am eating in the cafeteria when somebody sits down next to me. 

"You again?" I ask.

"Yup," the girl replies.

"Are you following me or something?" I ask a little ticked off.

"No, just in the right place at the right time," she answers.

I shake my head annoyed at her resistance to leave. I try everything from being rude to asking her to leave, but nothing. She stays in her seat next to me.'

"Are you at least going to tell me your name?" I ask rudely and bitterly.

"Becca, Becca Lily," she answers while extending her right hand for me to shake. 

"Alexis Marvel," I reply. 

"I know, I've been volunteering in your sector for weeks," Becca says. 

"Uh cool," I respond unintendedly. 

...

"ALEXIS!" Becca yells.

I'm barely conscious as I hear her yell my name. I can feel the blood dripping down my body and the cold metal on my skin. Screwdriver in my hand as I lay on the ground of my hospital in-patient room. 

I can feel people rushing about me. They are grabbing me and covering my cuts. I feel myself be lifted to the bed and rushed to a new room before I lose consciousness. 

I wake up a little while later to find Becca at my bedside crying. 

"Hey," I say, my voice a little groggily. 

"Oh thank god," she cries out while leaning down to hug me. 

"I'm okay, I'm okay," I say trying to comfort her.

"Why?" Becca asks me.

"I...I...I just don't want to be here anymore. I want to die," I say as I stare at the floor and cry.

"Please don't do something like this again, please," Becca pleads to me.

"I promise," I answer. 

...

"After that day in the hospital, Becca had become super close," I tell Peter as we lie on the couch in our pjs.

He's quiet at first before he tilts my head to look him in the eyes.

"I don't ever want you to feel like that again," he whispers.

I close my eyes and move in slowly. And just like that I feel it, what books and movies describe. I feel love and hope. I never want this feeling to end. 

As we kiss I can feel the passion start to grow with each passing second. When his tongue swipes my bottom lip, I don't hesitate to let him in.

Just as things were about to get even more heated we hear my mom come inside. We seperate and fix our ruffled clothing. 

"Hi, Mom," I say, "How...how..how was work?"

"Fine," she answers suspiciously as she walks into the kitchen. 

"Oh and, Peter, next time you might not want to have a pitched tent if you want to act casual," she says like it's nothing.

"Oh my god," I whisper as I blush embarrassedly. 

Peter just laughs and hugs me more.