Chapter 38:The Painful Truth Comes Out

Tenma has been avoiding the girls for quite awhile now, so it's finally time for him to talk to his girlfriends. How will this play out for him?

Tenma was not happy right now, Hibari was forcing him to come talk to the rest of Team Hanzo. "Tenma I know you're still upset at them, but they really do feel bad about what happened." Hibari said in a pleading voice as she practically dragged him towards her teammates. "Hibari I wouldn't even be this reasonable if you hadn't given me the puppy dog eyes earlier!" Tenma growled as he playfully glared at his girlfriend. "That's why I love you, your willing to give in even when you don't want to." Hibari said with a small giggle as they finally made it to where the rest of the team was.
Asuka could feel herself getting nervous at the sight of Tenma approaching them. "This is it! Time to make things right!" Asuka thought to herself as she and her team waited for them to arrive. "H-Hi Tenma." Asuka said nervously as she tried to not sound scared. "Asuka." Tenma said simply as Asuka felt a pain in her heart from him calling her by her name. "T-Tenma listen we're" Katsuragi wasn't able to finish her statement as Tenma put his hand up for silence. Before anything else could be said the other three Shinobi teams arrived to hopefully talk to Tenma as well.
"Oh no, this is not going according to plan at all!" Hibari thought to herself as she watched her boyfriend stare down the other girls. "So is everybody here? Good because I want to finally make something clear, stay away from me." Tenma said simply as he let his hair cast a shadow over his eyes. "Tenma please we just wanna" Homura was cut off by Tenma sending them all a piercing glare. "No don't apologize, you girls were right to be mad! Don't you get it? I've known for a long time that I'm a complete screwup!" Tenma said with a shaky huff as he looked over his girlfriends with the same glare plastered across his face from before.
                           "Tenma please stop this we just want to talk this out!" Yumi pleaded to him in hopes of getting through to him. "I'm gonna stop you right there, there's nothing to talk about! I should have never survived that day my clan was wiped out! It should have been my dad or one of the other higher ranking Shinobi, not some brat who throws himself head first into danger." Tenma said bitterly as he turned away from the girls and was about to walk back to the beach house. "Tenma would you just stop and listen to us for one second?" Miyabi said in a mildly frustrated tone at her boyfriend's words.
                                    Tenma stopped dead in his tracks, but wouldn't turn to face them again. "Listen to what exactly? All of you apologizing for something that isn't even your fault? No I should apologize for being the one that got away from that monstrous Yokai nine years ago." Tenma said before he finally walked off without letting any of the girls speak up to stop him once again. Hibari let out a sigh of frustration as she turned to look at her friends. "I thought we agreed to do this one team at a time!" Hibari growled in an annoyed tone as all the girls turned to her with a murderous aura around them.
                            "Oh really? Well did you ever stop and think we wanted to get Tenma back you pink haired bitch?!" Mirai shouted angrily as she glared at Hibari. "Yeah you've had Tenma all to yourself while we've been suffering! How selfish can you be?" Murakumo growled angrily as she started to reach for one of her weapons. "Honestly would all of you girls calm down? Your Shinobi for gods sake, stop acting like children!" The group turned around to see Sayuri and Master Hanzo standing there. "Grandma, Grandpa! You have to understand we just want to make things right!" Asuka said in a pleading tone with a downcast look.
                               "I'm disappointed in you girls, this was the main reason why I sent Hibari to comfort Tenma." Sayuri said as all of the girls gasped in shock. "You girls have only been thinking about yourselves! What we really need to focus on is Tenma's current mental state." Master Hanzo said as all of the girls except for Hibari looked at him in complete confusion at his words. Sayuri and Hanzo explained what Hibari was told before she went off to comfort Tenma. Now the Hanzo Ultimate girls all had a downcast look as they learned just how much Tenma has been beating himself up for the past two weeks.
"Oi Pinkie, I'm assuming from Tenma rushing back towards the house and him not being a full shilling, things didn't go so well?" Patrick said as he took notice of all four teams being present. "Why the hell is he here?!" Hikage hissed angrily as she and the rest of the girls glared at Patrick. "Oh don't you birds give me any of your guff! That Staticky Git is sadder then a potato farmer in winter! So would you kindly shut your fecking gobs?" Patrick fired back angrily as he put on his clawed gauntlets and sunk into a fighting stance.
"ENOUGH! Patrick, you and Hibari head back to to the beach house and take care of Tenma. Hanzo and I will handle things here with the other girls." Sayuri said in an aggravated tone as she waved Patrick and Hibari away. "Why couldn't they just follow the plan we came up with?" Hibari said in a downcast tone as she looked down at her feet in sadness. Patrick patted Hibari on the back as he tried to comfort her. "Don't worry lass, I'm sure Lady Sayuri can get through to those birds." Patrick said as he opened the front door to the beach house for Hibari before entering after her.
                     The duo found Tenma in the kitchen making what to appeared a chicken sandwich of some kind.

"Oh hey guys! You want a Hawaiian Grilled Chicken sandwich?" Tenma asked as he placed a sandwich in front of both of them

"Oh hey guys! You want a Hawaiian Grilled Chicken sandwich?" Tenma asked as he placed a sandwich in front of both of them. "Ah let me tell ya Tenma your cooking is one thing that I have definitely missed!" Patrick said as he bit into his sandwich. "Hey Patrick there was a letter in the mail for you today, well actually it's two. One from Dancer's Fan Academy and the other is from Shinozuka Industrial." Tenma said a Patrick nearly choked on his sandwich at his words.
                      "Oh no, no, no! Tell me those birds aren't coming here!" Patrick said in a pleading tone as he placed his head in his hands. "Let me guess those are the two schools you attend part time." Tenma said as he looked at his friend in worry. "You've guess right Tenma and those girls, I swear all they do is bicker over how I should go to either of their schools full time!" Patrick groaned as he stood up from his seat and went to the fridge before pulling out two cans and handed one to Tenma.

 "You've guess right Tenma and those girls, I swear all they do is bicker over how I should go to either of their schools full time!" Patrick groaned as he stood up from his seat and went to the fridge before pulling out two cans and handed one to...

                  "Okay Patrick two things, where did you get these and isn't it a little early to be drinking?" Tenma asked as he stared at the beer can in his hand. "Oh for the love of god Watanabe, lighten up a little would you? Please just have a drink with me?!" Patrick begged as he cracked open his can before taking a swig from it. "Okay, okay we'll do things your way. Besides I could use something to relax as well after everything that's happened in the past three days." Tenma said as he cracked open his can and took a drink before taking a bite of his own sandwich.
                               "You see this is why I avoided mentioning this training retreat to the A.R.C. Angels, Milky Pop, and the Sakigei Municipal girls. There's enough Shinobi girls running around causing issues for us." Ishibura said as he relaxed in a chair in the living room as Tenma and Patrick glared at him. Tenma and Patrick looked at each other before Tenma pulled out his cellphone and gave Patrick an evil grin, which he returned. Tenma dialed up a number before waiting for the person on the other end to pick up and answer him so he could get revenge.
"Hello? Tenma what can I do for you?" Tsubaki said as she answered her phone. Ishibura tried to get up from his chair, but Patrick held him down. "Have you and the other girls been wondering where Ishibura is?" Tenma asked as Tsubaki gasped and begged Tenma to continue. "Well we're on a beach for a training retreat and I thought you would want to know." Tenma said as he waited for Tsubaki to respond. "We'll be there as soon as possible!" Tsubaki said before she hung up. Patrick finally let Ishibura go as he stood up angrily. "You guys are jerks!" Ishibura said before he grabbed his cane and left the room with a huff.
Hibari finished her sandwich before walking over and snuggling into Tenma's arm. "Was that really necessary?" Hibari asked Tenma as he and Patrick continued their lunch. "Oh come on, he was being a jerk about his oh so clever plan!" Tenma said mockingly as he finished up his food before cleaning the dishes. Tenma was then led to the couch by Hibari before they turned on the TV and settled in until Tenma had to go help make dinner. "I hope things get sorted out soon." Hibari thought to herself as she got comfortable next to her boyfriend.

Sorry it took me so long to get this chapter out, you know me when I get writer's block on a story it takes me forever! Anyway now two sets of new Shinobi girls are coming to the island to find Patrick for some reason? What could happen when they meet up with these teams?. Find out in the next chapter of Senran Kagura:Thunderbird!