1

Arkyn sped into the cemetery. He came across Rebekah first.
"I've never seen him like this before. He's out of his mind with rage, up all night howling one obscenity-laced tirade after the next. He's gonna kill me." She was on the phone.
"Alright," came a reply. Marcel- he recognised the man who'd been such an ass. "Stay as far away from him as you can."
"That's a brilliant strategy." She replied, sarcastically. "But, given that that dead bitch Celeste has trapped us in here 'til moonrise, my options are somewhat limited."
"I'm not leaving you in there. Davina will find a loophole, get you out early. Then, we can all go together. If Klaus comes after us, we will take him on one hell of a ride."
"I lived for centuries looking over my shoulder, ready to run at a moment's notice. Am I to go back to that?" She asked.
"You have such little faith, Bex. You know I won't let that happen." Arkyn said. She turned around.
"Ark!" She smiled walking over to her brother and hugging him.
"Hey, sis." He smiled.
"You came."
"For you? Always." He said. "Tell your boyfriend you'll be fine."

He stood beside Rebekah after she'd finished her conversation with Marcel.
"How did he find out?" Arkyn asked.
"The witch we used to call Mikael to town came back to life. She told him everything." She sighed. "He wants me dead, Ark."
"I won't let you die. I promise." She looked at Arkyn and he held out his hand. She smiled gratefully, grabbing it. They sped to go find Klaus.
"You ask me to show mercy to one who has wronged me. You really don't know me at all, do you, brother?" Klaus glared at Elijah.
"Enough." Rebekah and Arkyn walked into view. "Whatever I have done wrong, my guilt is nothing compared to yours. You want revenge? Fine. But, before you have it, I will look you in the eye and tell you why it was your cruelty and your spite that led us to this."
"Look who it is." Klaus said. "The runaway's come home. Go on, then, Rebekah. Speak your piece, and when you are finished, I will grant you the punishment you deserve, even if I have to go through Elijah and Arkyn to do so. Let it begin." He perched on the top of a nearby tomb. "The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson."
"What a relief. His ego is in check." Rebekah muttered.
"Just speak your truth. I'll make certain he behaves himself."
"What are you going to do? Scold him into compliance?" Elijah rolled his eyes at his brother.
"You stand accused of betraying your own blood. How do you plead?"
"I plead you to shut up and listen."
"You summoned our father. You brought him to our home. What possible defense could you have?"
"I knew he was the only thing that you feared, and I wanted you to run."
"Because you hated me."
"Because you were hateful." Rebekah corrected. "You denied me the freedom to love."
"Oh, so that's your defense? You called Mikael, the Destroyer, the Hunter of Vampires because I detained you from pursuing some dull suitors."
"You were cruel, and controlling, and manipulative."
"I was trying to protect you! From imbeciles, and leeches. Not to mention your own poor judgment."
"And what about the one that you loved enough to call friend? Why did you forbid me to love Marcel?"
"Do not mention his name." Klaus's face darkened.
"What has happened to you? I remember the sweet boy who made me laugh and gave me gifts, who loved art and music. I wanted to be just like you. How could you have fallen so far?"
"You say you despise Rebekah for her betrayal, and yet no one has stood by your side for so long, not even I myself. Perhaps it's you that's forgotten." Elijah said. "I remember the day that Father caught you whittling little chess pieces with his hunting knife. He beat you so mercilessly and for so long, I actually feared for your life."
"So, you would paint her as a loyal sister, but she betrayed me out of lust for Marcel. Perhaps that was why you did it- for love. Perhaps I might temper my rage if Rebekah will admit she was a victim of her own idiocy. That her great love, Marcel, used her to oust this family and to take my city."
"Wasn't he your friend first? Your son? Are you going to fault her for caring for him when you were the one who welcomed him into your family?"
"I wasn't the one who let him manipulate me for his gain."
"Marcel did not manipulate me."
"You defend him, and yet you can't help but wonder, what if I'm right?"
"We loved each other. It was your refusal to respect that that led to your ruin."
"Then why didn't he chase after you when you fled New Orleans? Oh, yes! That's right. He was here stealing what I built!"
"You want me to renounce Marcel, to beg for your forgiveness? I won't. Marcel is not at fault. I called Mikael."
"Rebekah-" Arkyn started but she continued.
"I was the one who brought him to New Orleans because of your wickedness! I wanted love and happiness, and you denied me the freedom to have either. Yes, I hated and I was afraid of our father, but he was a lesser evil than you. My bastard brother who loomed over me, threatening me as you are now. I wanted rid of you, and given the choice, I'd do it again!" She yelled. Klaus lunged at her, with his stake but Arkyn tackled him, grabbing the stake himself.
"And you wanted me to give you my white oak stake." He scoffed.
"Arkyn." Elijah held out his hand.
"I'm not giving this to you, either." He turned to Rebekah. "Rebekah, go."
"I'm not-"
"Please." He stopped her and she stared at him before nodding. She sped away.