23

Klaus called Davina and had her confine Arkyn. He kept watch over his brother, occasionally snapping his neck if Arkyn made a move to wake up before she'd finished the boundary spell. Arkyn's phone started to ring and Klaus answered in his stead.
"Hey," Cami's sister's voice filtered through the phone. "Done with your psycho brother yet?"
"I thought that was my title." Klaus replied, confusing her.
"Who is this?"
"We've met a couple times, love. Do you not remember me?"
"You're Klaus. Where's Ark?"
"I'm afraid my brother is somewhat occupied. What can we do for you?"
"Occupied how?"
"I can see how you'd be related to Cami." He laughed.
"Where's Ark? He can't still be stuck with Finn, and how the hell did you get his phone?"
"Ark's on a bit of a time out, love. He's not quite in his right mind."
"What happened?"
"I don't know. Right now I don't have the time, nor do I have the resources to find out."
"What could possibly be more pressing than your brother?"
"Two others and a sister. First I have to find Finn, get that mess sorted out, find my sister, then help Kol who's currently stuck in a building filled with vampires, all suffering from a terrible hunger."
"Where's Ark?" She asked again.
"Sorry but Ark'll have my head if I let you anywhere near him in his present state."
"Let me?" She scoffed.
"Stay in your apartment. I'm sure my brother'll be right as rain and by your side in no time."
"I want to see him."
"No can do, but I'll tell him you called." He hung up on her.
"Do you have to be such an asshole all the time?" Davina glared and he smirked.
"Not all the time, but most of the time I find it effective." She scoffed and continued trying a locator spell.

Fifteen minutes later, Caitlyn arrived at St Anne's church. She hesitantly walked in, holding her breath. She breathed out in relief as she saw no one there. The relief was short lived as Klaus sped in front of her.
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm here to see Ark."
"How did you even know we were here?" Her eyes darted around the room searching for Arkyn as she recalled how she'd tracked the original here.

Flashback.
Caitlyn huffed as she sat on the couch.
"What's bothering you?" Cassandra asked.
"I think something's wrong with Ark."
"You think?" She scoffed. Caitlyn frowned.
"What do you mean?"
"I saw his future, Cait. His girlfriend betrayed him and I saw more. I didn't tell him, but I saw more. I don't like you getting mixed up in it. There's a lot of darkness in his future. A lot of blood and pain and I don't want you to be a part of that."
"Did you see me in his future?" Cassandra shook her head slightly. "Well, I plan on sticking around, as his friend, so if I'm not there in the future you saw, then maybe things can be different if I am."
"You're a human. What are you going to do?"
"For one, I'm going to help him." She stood.
"How?"
"I don't know, but I'm going to find him."
"Fine, I'll help." Cassandra sighed and grabbed Caitlyn's arm. "But we're taking precautions."
"That's perfectly fine with me."

Present.

Not wanting to out Cassandra, Caitlyn sized Klaus up and shrugged.
"Lucky guess." She answered. "Where is he?"
"Go home, Caitlyn."
"Your brother is my friend, and he's helped me a lot. I'm not leaving." She frowned.
"What is it with you O'Connells?" He sighed but walked away. She followed after him up to the attic. Davina looked up as he entered the room. Arkyn was sprawled on the bed she remembered.
"This place looks different." She commented and walked forward to the bed. She stopped a little way away, an invisible boundary preventing her from getting closer. "I definitely don't remember a invisible wall around my bed."
"Your bed?" Davina asked.
"Did you think this place magically came with a bed?" She replied. "I'm Caitlyn, by the way. I used to crash up here whenever uncle Kieran kept the church open overnight, especially during the harsher winters, and Katrina."
"You're Cami's sister."
"Just once I'd like to be referred to as something else other than Cami's sister. Seriously, how many people does she know in this town?"
"I'm Davina."
"Alright, you've seen Ark, met Davina. Is your curiosity satisfied? Will you leave?"
"Your brother is unconscious trapped in an invisible circle. Don't you care? Even a little?"
"He also locked his other brother in a compound full of starving vampires. Brotherhood doesn't seem to mean much to him." Davina said.
"How exactly does you talking help your concentration? Focus." Klaus demanded at Davina and turned to Caitlyn. "As for you, I care, but I seem to have a lot more pressing issues at the moment, and Ark's contained. He'll be fine for the moment. Go home."
"No." She crossed her arms. "I brought something. An elixir. It clarifies and heals the mind. Maybe it'll help."
"You know a witch." Klaus realised and she shrugged. "You're not feeding Ark that. For all I know, it's poison."
"Look, Ark saved me. The least I can do is try to return the favour."
"He doesn't care about paybacks. What he does care about, is your safety."
"I care about him too." She said. "At least let me try this concoction."
"No."