31

"All we need to do is find Finn. We find him and we kill him. You have a problem with that?" Kol looked at his brother.
"He cursed you. Before we kill him, we need a solution to the hex. We save you first, then we can kill him." Arkyn nodded and went over to a table writing down the spell he'd extracted from Kol's mind. He held out the paper.
"Are you sure?"
"He tried to kill you. Nik, for all his faults, has never crossed that line." Arkyn looked at his brother. "Kol, I need you to know that no matter what I stand by your side first. Not Klaus's, not Finn's. Yours. Niklaus, Elijah and Rebekah have always and forever. You and I have each other. When we save you, take Davina and get the hell out of dodge. No golden dagger, no revenge fantasies. I can't lose you again."
"What about you?"
"I'll tie up some loose ends and come find you. I'll try be done by spring break, and bring Alexis and Xavier."
"I'm to just leave you here?"
"You're mortal. I've already failed at keeping you safe."
"You didn't fail-"
"You're dying, Kol. Not for long, but for the moment, you're still dying. Its safe to say I failed." He joked. Kol's phone rang.
"Are you calling to gloat, you venomous, venomous animal?" Kol answered.
"There's no need for such language!" Finn laughed. "I'm calling with a proposition that might motivate me to spare your life."
"You've got my interest."
"I need you to draw some of Klaus' blood. Bring me some in an hour, and I'll heal you."
"It would be my pleasure."
"I'll be in the bell tower at St Louis Cathedral. I'll see you there." Kol looked at Arkyn as he hung up.
"It's a trap. He won't help you."
"I know. I'm not helping that weasel with anything."
"Back to Nik? He won't welcome you kindly after you knocked him on his ass."
"Finn wants Nik's blood. That ought to get his attention."
"Come on, then." Arkyn said. Kol nodded and they left.

They entered the compound, together.
"What are you doing back?" Klaus asked, noticing the duo.
"We know where Finn is. Or more accurately, where he'll be in an hour." Kol said.
"Why should I believe you?"
"Oh come on, Nik." Rebekah begged.
"Because Finn wants your blood." Arkyn answered instead. "So you can either get your head out of your ass and trust us and we can go after him together, or you can stay stubborn. Either way we're going after him, and if he gets in my head again, I will most likely end up killing you."
"Why would you come to me?" Klaus asked Kol.
"You stand there reproachfully, all high and mighty but I'm not the bad guy in this chapter of our family's story! I'm the wronged! I'm the dead, but never mourned, and whilst you got everything that you wanted. I got a family who, aside from Ark, didn't care if I lived or if I died! I've been alive for a thousand years, and yet Ark's the only one who ever grieved my death. The only one who stood by my side."
"Of course we care, you idiot. Despite your behaviour, you're still my brother. You are a Mikaelson! You're my blood. And I need you. I need you by my side."
"What the hell does that even mean? You talk about family, and yet I haven't earned the right to share your secrets, have I?" Klaus stayed silent. "Finn wants your blood. Instead of getting it and taking it to him, I am here helping you. The least you could do is tell me why."
"First, tell me why you're risking your life to help me."
"Whatever your secret is, it's important. I'm not an idiot, I see the lengths Ark goes to to help you. And I know enough about dark magic to know that I'm hexed." Arkyn looked at him curiously this time. "There's no reversing what Finn's done to me, which makes him a murderer and a liar. And if I'm gonna die, I'll be damned if he gets what he wants."
"Kol-"
"There isn't a cure, brother." He shook his head at Arkyn. "I let you believe there was one, because I was too much of a coward to tell you the truth."
"There's always a loophole. You taught me that. Magic can always be reversed." Kol shook his head. "So what? You're resigned to your fate? Just going to roll over and die?"
"Of course not. Ark, I-"
"There has to be something."
"Not this time. You have not failed me, Ark. You're my little brother. I should be helping you. That's just how it is."
"I can't lose you again, Kol."
"You might have to." Arkyn looked betrayed and he sped out of the compound, heading out of the quarter.