50

It was hard to continue with brunch so easily after that, and Freya excused herself. She went out to the courtyard for some fresh air. A piece of paper zipped into the room and Arkyn caught it. He looked at the note, frowning as he read it.
"We have to go."
"Where to?"
"Try not to alienate our new sister. If she can help us, then we need her. Rebekah should be on her way. Be careful with her, please."
"Where are you going?" Klaus repeated.
"The warlock whose body Finn was inhabiting- he's ready to talk."
"To you? Why?"
"Sometimes if you're not a dick to people, they'll help you out." Arkyn stood and pat Nik's shoulder, before looking at Elijah. "Make sure he doesn't cause too much damage?"
"Go do what you need to." Elijah nodded.

"Thanks for reaching out." Arkyn said as he saw Vincent.
"Yeah, sure. Josephine said you were looking out for a particular witch." He glared at nothing in particular.
"Yes. Eva Sinclair." Vincent tensed even more at the name. "You look uncomfortable. Did you know her?"
"Your brother- why'd he do this to me?"
"I don't know why you were specifically chosen, or the details. I just know he, another brother of mine and my mother were dead. And as the other side collapsed, my mother harnessed the power of it destruction to bring herself and my brothers back. I also know that my mother hated vampires and wants to eradicate them from this earth, so she brought Kol and Finn back into bodies that were, in her words, pure. I guess the fact that you're powerful might have played a hand in her choice."
"Why help me?"
"Aside from the fact that what Finn did was wrong? It was Ms LaRue's condition. You in exchange for leaving Eva in my care."
"And why do you care so much about Eva?"
"Because, right now it's not Eva. My sister is inhabiting her body. It's an even longer story. I believe it's your turn." Vincent sighed, but nodded. "How do you know Eva Sinclair?"
"You got played. Josephine never intended to leave your sister alone. I never thought I'd see Eva again. Part of me still hopes I don't. But another part.." He broke off. "Eva's not a regular witch."
"You were in love with her." Arkyn said, recognising the expression. The softness of his expression, masked by the anger of the scars she'd left behind.
"She was my wife." Vincent shrugged.
"That's... not what I was expecting." Bonnie exhaled. "So why are the witches after her then?" Arkyn's phone rang. "You're popular today." She teased.
"It's probably just Rebekah again." He said and answered. "Hello?"
"Where's my sister?" His face dropped.
"Cami, hi." He covered the phone. "Give me a second." He said to Vincent and Bonnie and walked away.
"Where is she Ark? She's not at home and her roommate said she sent her off with you."
"You do know that I'm not your sister's keeper and that she is an adult who can more than look after herself?"
"Have you met her?"
"Yeah. Look I'm a little busy right now."
"With your ex-girlfriend?"
"With trying to help my sister survive an angry mob of witches. Do me a favour, call Caitlyn when you want to talk to her. I'm busy."
"Is Rebekah okay?"
"She will be once I figure out how to help her. So if that is all-"
"Is there anything I can do to help?"
"Not that I can-"
"Where are you?"
"Why don't you call Nik and see if he needs any help?"
"If Rebekah-"
"I'm not actually with Rebekah right now. Cami, I've sorry but I've really got to go. If I see Caitlyn I will tell her to call you. Have a good afternoon." Arkyn hung up and walked back over.
"Everything okay?" Bonnie asked him.
"Cami was just worried about her sister." He shrugged and turned back to Vincent. "I'm sorry, please continue."
"Right, Eva."
"If she was your wife, why was she in Fauline cottage?"
"Eva- she lost her way. She became insane, obsessed. Dangerous."
"Targeting witch kids. That's what Josephine thought Rebekah was doing. Killing the young generations of witches."
"Yeah."

Caitlyn sat at the diner with Jack.
"Not that it isn't nice to see you, but why are you here?" He asked. "Without any of your bodyguards?"
"Are you complaining?" She raised a brow and he shook his head.
"Never."
"Ark and Cassie are busy."
"And Cami?" Caitlyn sat up straight. "I would like to meet your sister sometime."
"Do you have to? Can't we just keep her out of it?"
"You've met my family."
"But it's Cami." She pouted.
"How about this? I meet your sister and you get unlimited milkshakes."
"Tempting, very tempting."
"So?"
"I-" she slumped forward on the table before her.