15

Arkyn walked out of the house, stopping briefly to tell his siblings where he was headed and drove down to New Orleans. He'd past the speed limit driving straight to the airport. He found Alexis almost immediately.
"Hi, Ark." She said, sheepishly. He shook his head. "Well... I am already here and honestly even if you send me back to college, I'll just find my way back, so you might as well give up."
"There is a reason you're not supposed to be here. It's a bloody battlefield. Esther is here, and Finn, and Kol who is apparently on Esther's side."
"I have to see him. He was family and he died. Now he's back."
"You stay by my side at all times. If I tell you to go, you go. Deal?"
"I promise I won't push you more."
"Good." He started walking away and she followed him out to his car. He drove up to the abattoir.

"This is the new Mikaelson home?" She said, scrunching up her nose. "What happened to good old fashioned mansions?"
"As far as I know, Finn and Kol are both here. Probably guarded too. Stay close."
"You don't have to make me promise every five minutes, you know."
"The last promise you made me, you ended up breaking within seconds."
"Oh, for God's sake, will you let that go?
"Come on." He sighed, leading her inside.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Marcel sped in front of them, seconds after they entered the compound. Arkyn stood in front of Alexis protectively.
"It's none of your business. Now please, stand aside before I decide your heart has no place in your body."
"Your brother-"
"I don't care what you mean to Klaus. So move."
"I'm afraid I can't do that." He said and Alexis sighed and twisted her wrist, snapping his neck magically.
"I was getting impatient."
"If you don't listen, I will send you back to college, even if I have to stay there myself to make sure you stay."
"Yes, dad." She said, mockingly. He rolled his eyes and continued walking around, checking through the rooms. They came across two teenagers.
"Since when is this place open to the public? I would've thought Klaus would've wanted privacy." Alexis rolled her eyes. "Though for all I know, he could be into it."
"Kol." Arkyn recognised his brother after a few moments. "Yeah, it's definitely you. Different outfit, though."
"Hello, little brother." Kol smirked.
"Kol?" Alexis frowned. "Ugh, what happened to you?"
"I'm a witch, now, princess. Mother deposited me into this body." Alexis grinned, stepping forward to hug him.
"It's you!" She stepped back and repeatedly slapped his shoulder. "And how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?"
"Missed you too, princess." He teased, blocking her hits. "Okay, enough."
"I can't believe you went and died on me. There's a reason we left Mystic Falls behind, or don't you remember?"
"Well, I might have underestimated Ark's ex and her friends."
"Huh, so you decided that now you have a second chance at life you weren't even going to let us know you were alive. You're a warlock. You could have sent us a message if you wanted."
"I'm sorry, Alexis."
"And siding with your mom? Hello? Have you forgotten about the whole she tried to kill you guys thing? She probably wants to try to do it again."
"Okay, Lex. I think you've made your point clear, and you're embarrassing him in front of his new friend."
"Ark, Lex, meet Davina Claire. Davina, this is my baby brother, Arkyn and his kind-of daughter Alexis." Kol introduced. "Why are you two here?"
"Rebekah slipped, told me you were alive. I told Alexis who ran away to come see you."
"Of course she did." Kol shook his head, amused.
"So is this your girlfriend?" Alexis tried to annoy him.
"Not yet. She'll succumb to my charms soon enough, I'm sure." He said and Davina scoffed at him.
"He wishes."
"Where's Marcel?" Kol asked. "I'd have thought he'd be here defending Davina from possible harm.
"I snapped his neck."
"What? Why?"
"Because he was standing in our way and I don't like him."
"Attagirl."
"Kol!" Arkyn groaned.
"What?" He asked innocently.
"You don't have to encourage her!"
"Why not? You're the dad. I'm not."
"Kol!"
"Okay, how about Alexis stays here with Davina and I- we're just thinking up some boring magic stuff, you wouldn't be interested, and you can go see that pretty blonde. She's still in town."
"What pretty blonde?" Alexis turned to glare at Ark.
"He means my sister." A voice called from behind them. Alexis turned to see Cami.
"And who are you?"
"This is Cami, Lex."
"Oh, the hexed priest's niece." Ark closed his eyes.
"Alexis."
"Sorry- I didn't mean for it to come out like that." She apologised.
"It's fine. Believe it or not, you're not the first person to call me that."
"So what do you say, little brother?"
"Stop calling me that when you're in that body. And no. Aside from the fact that I am not leaving Alexis with you in New Orleans, you're now siding with Esther, remember? Don't you remember what happened the last time Esther came back to life?"
"Okay, what happened to Alexis in Mystic Falls was not my fault, and I'm not on Esther's side anymore."
"Besides," Alexis added. "It was his blood that saved me. And I'm an adult now. You don't have to treat me like a child."
"Well, I'll stop treating you like a child when you stop acting like one." She pulled a face and he raised a brow as though she'd proven his point.