20| Lots to Figure Out

a/n: Hi sorry for not updating, I feel really bad about it but I've been so stressed lately. High school is not what I expected lol
Love youuuu

Taehyung, Jimin, and Jeongguk listened carefully to the inaudible voices at the door to the knight's quarters. They all tensed a bit when footsteps approached their door. It opened, revealing a tall man with short blonde hair and formal clothing.

"Hello, Namjoon," Jeongguk greeted him, "What brings you here?"

"Your Highness," Namjoon dipped his head slightly, "The queen received a message about an hour or two ago that you were visiting your bodyguard in his dorm, as he was sick."

"And here I am," Jeongguk extended his arms, "Did she think I was lying or something?"

"No," Namjoon crossed his arms, "She was concerned as to why you hadn't come back yet."

"Oh?"

"She thinks you'll catch the sickness if you stay much longer. Probably already have," He added, raising an eyebrow. "She also insists that you show up for lunch."

"Hm," Jeongguk mused, pursing his lips and pretending to think, "She's right, I've probably caught it. What a pity." He flashed a mocking pout. "I'm not hungry for lunch, but thank you for the offer." He finished with a smile.

"Jeon Jeongguk." Namjoon stepped forward, glaring- an obvious threat, though Jeongguk was not intimidated in the slightest.

"Why have you been so uptight lately, Namjoon? What's on your mind? For goodness' sake, out with it! I'm sick and tired of all your strictness and snappiness when I know I'm not the reason for it."

"Mind your own business, will you?" Namjoon narrowed his eyes, "And-"

"Namjoon, sir," Taehyung sat up, wincing at the pain in his stomach but stubbornly staying upright.

"Taehyung," Namjoon looked at him as if just noticing he was there. Or perhaps just remembering a few words shared between them earlier on.

Taehyung crossed his legs and looked up at the prince's advisor, smiling kindly.

"Have you done it yet?"

Namjoon paused for a few moments, looking at Taehyung, then finally sighed, long and heavy. Running a hand through his hair, then rubbing his eyes, he slowly let his pent up tension drain away. What was left was a tired man with drooping shoulders and hooded eyes.

"No," He muttered, "Not yet."

"Done what?" Jeongguk asked. The question was ignored.

"It seems to be stressing you out quite a bit," Taehyung observed. "Perhaps you should get it over with and hope for the best."

Namjoon chuckled half-heartedly.

"If only it were that simple."

Taehyung gave him a sympathetic smile.

"I understand."

Namjoon smiled back.

"I know you do." He turned to Jeongguk. "Just call the queen and deny her yourself. She's not busy right now."

Jeongguk, thoroughly confused, shifted his weight slightly to pull his cell phone out of his back pocket. He quickly unlocked it and tapped his mother's contact. She picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, mum. It's Jeongguk."

"Yes, I know. Are you on your way back?"