Chapter Five - The Office Is Offlimits

***

"Bean what the hell are you wearing?" I looked down at myself cautiously and shrugged my shoulders.

"I was going for professional" he burst into a fit of laughter.

"Seriously! You look like a nun, ahahahah! If mum saw you right now-"

"Well than what do you suggest I wear smart ass!" I put my hands on my hips and asked him in both irritation and desperation. I wanted to look perfect, like I belonged. He went through my wardrobe and pulled out a mini, red sexy pencil dress and a pair of black, wide fit Utensils platform court shoes.

My eyes widened, "and you expect them to take me seriously in this? I don't want everyone to think I got the job because the boss wants to screw me-" He raised an eyebrow and I gave him a warning look. 'Okay so I got the opportunity because my boss wants and is banging me but I got the job on my own.'

"Trust me Bean, you'll look sexy and sophisticated at the same time. And if anyone looks at you with even the slightest bit of judgment tell them your big bro will beat them up!" I punched his shoulder and he rubbed it pouting.

"Please, I can hit harder than you!" He hugged me and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"You know I would though right? No matter how much bigger or stronger they were I wouldn't let anyone mess with my baby bean. I'd do anything for you". My mind unwilling flashed back to the moment Roy told me everything the Campbell's had been hiding from me. The truth was I knew Blake and even Beth and Richi would do anything for me and that's what scares me. If they were in trouble because they were trying to protect me I would never forgive myself.

"I know Blake". I turned to face him, "but I need to know that you trust me enough to tell me the truth, I felt so left out and helpless not knowing what had happened. I feel like I'm about to lose you and Richi and Beth, I can't-" he tightened his grip.

"You won't Bean, I promise".

***

I walked outside both expecting and dreading to see the elderly- "Roy!" I practically lunged onto him and I  felt his familiar tensing. "I thought Mr Arrogant had forbidden you from being my chauffeur". I released him upon remembering how uncomfortable this makes him feel and also because I wasn't sure how many cameras Quinn had spying on us right now.

"Mr Quinn and I came to a happy middle, let's just say we found some shared territory when it comes to you". I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest.

"A happy middle?" I eyed him suspiciously, 'no way,' Mr Arrogant and compromise 'maybe when hell freezes over.'

"Okay so maybe it took a request accompanied with Earl's medical records which may have explained in great detail that he was a recovering cancer patient and has arthritis in his left hand. We both agree that it would be the safest option for me to continue chauffeuring for you" my mouth actually fell open. Here I was feeling beyond guilty just thinking about being the reason Roy or Daniel might get fired and he had gotten poor Earl fired without blinking any eye.

"Roy that wasn't fair, he was just doing his job and now...poor Earl"

"I pulled some old favours and got him another job, town chauffeuring doesn't pay as well as this job but the hours are easier for him. He is a recovering cancer patient being on twenty four hour call was a little unreasonable."

"You're amazing Roy, you care about everyone so much."

"No mam, not amazing I simply have too many sins to wash, I don't want to add any more" I felt my eyes tear as his head fell in shame. How could he possibly not see how incredible he was? I so desperately wanted to grab him and shake some sense into him, force him to see what I see. But I decided against it because in all honesty I felt like this was major progress for him, so I let that be enough for know and didn't push it.