"Somthing Old Something New Something Borrowed Something Blue"

***

"What do you mean you can't come and fix it? Look you didn't do your job alright! I'm on my way there right now and if you aren't there by eight you can't even begin to imagine what I'll do! You have ten minutes!" It was at times like this that I wished I had a flip phone so I could slam it shut for dramatic effect.

The contractors had refused to come check it out until tomorrow and I had to resort to threatening them. "Charlie calm down I'm sure that things will work out better then expected" it still shocked me to hear Roy refer to me as Charlie and it actually brought a smile to my face.

I felt extremely restless, I wondered how Blake was coping and if I should reach out to him. But then I remember the lies and I can't seem to understand why! Either way I had made a promise. I wouldn't let his dreams get destroyed not when he's this close, even if I had to youtube directions to fix the lights I would. "Roy you're sure that Blake's still at the apartment?" He nodded but didn't make eye contact, I could have sworn he tensed but I didn't give it much thought considering it was Roy after all.

We pulled up at the gallery, it was dark with only a few lights on inside, I got out of the car and began to follow Roy when I heard something in the dark alley beside the gallery. The voices sounded familiar. Roy continued to walk ahead and I veered off, I didn't walk around into the ally way I simply stuck my head around to get a better look.

Even in the dim moon light I was able to recognise both the people. It was Nathaniel and Nancy. He had her pinned up against the wall and she was crying, her tears glistened in the moons light. "What do you want from me? You've destroyed my life isn't that enough!" She winced under his tight grip but kept direct eye contact.

"You weren't the only one who lost someone Nathaniel, I lost two of my best friends... You don't know the full story! I already blame myself, I don't need you to, too! I should have tried harder, I should have been more persistent. I was a coward." He slammed her against the wall again before releasing her, I cringed at the sound of her bones crashing into the rough brick wall. I clenched my hands to curb the urge to slap Nathaniel senseless.

"You remind me of what I lost Nancy! You remind me that Amelia is gone! You remind me of the worst night of my life every time I see you! You ruined my life!"

"I'm sorry..." She whispered through several sobs, he slammed his palms against the brick wall and she gasped. He began to storm towards me and I quickly turned away and began to walk towards the gallery entrance. I was now convinced that they had a terrible past, something that had ruined both their lives and was keeping them from finding happiness within each other. I had to do something!

"Ch...Charlie?" I turned slowly to find Nathaniel walking towards me, his face slightly pale. I glanced down at his hands and there were several grazes and scrapes across his skin.

"What happen to your hand?" He looked down at them and instantly tucked them deep into his pockets.

"Um...nothing, let's just go fix these lights" I clenched my jaw at his lie, but I understood that it wasn't my place to judge not until I knew all the facts at least. Trust me I would find out one way or another.

We entered the gallery and I realised the spot lights above each of the art works weren't working either. Only a single central light was faintly lit, why would anybody dim the light? I turned to face Nathaniel and gave him a questioning look, "aren't the spot lights working either-" The lights all simultaneously lit and the room was almost blindingly bright.

As I glanced from portrait to sculpture, from sculpture to photograph, from photograph to prints I saw only memories. Memories of my childhood, Blake, my parents and everything else! My eyes began to tear when Blake, mum, dad, Roy and Aaron came out of the storage room. I was overwhelmed by anger, what was this some kind of intervention? I turned and Nathaniel shifted into my way, I gave him a warning look before pushing him aside. "Bean please...just...just let us explain-"