Chapter Sixteen - Simply A Good Lay

Blake would have a fit if he saw a Quinn carrying me, for a second I entertained the thought of letting Blake beat Daniel's ass for first of all forcefully taking me to the hospital and then carrying me out of there followed by carrying me into the building. "Uh Daniel, I think you should let me down...um Blake isn't really a big fan of-"

"I'll let you down on your bed!" Oh he was not making this easy, after all I could only be so humble! Before I could attempt to squirm out of his grip the cart arrived to our floor and he took off towards my apartment door. He only paused for a second when he realised who my neighbor must be and then he rolled his eyes. "Seriously the boy next door!" I opened my mouth to say something but slammed it back shut as I too thought of how cliche it was. He looked at me and then the door handle, I crossed my arms over my chest and turned my nose to him, "Real mature Charlie!" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You'd know!" He propped me up with ease forcing me to throw my arms around his neck yet again against my will. Turning the handle he pushed the door open and walked right inside. And then he froze! Right there in the doorway, "As much as I enjoy you being my personal chauffeur, would you mind putting me down...hello!" I wove my hands in front of his face which he didn't even acknowledge. I followed his gaze and began to cough when my eyes settled on Blake, Richi, Beth and two cops. I squirmed in Daniel's grip when Blake's concerned expression turned to a murderous glare. "D...Daniel put me down!"

"Huh...oh yeah" the idiot continued to walk with me in his arms, he placed me down on the couch and took a healthy step back. I'm guessing he also saw Blake's disapproval too. "I...I should leave...um Ch...see you tomorrow" he gave me a quick glance before practically running out of the apartment. I studied the floor for a good five minutes before one of the officers finally broke the silence by nosily walking over to me.

"Miss Reed we need to ask you about the vandalism. Was the gallery vandalised when you got there or after-"

"Vandalism? I was painting it..." He handed me several photos of the gallery and I reluctantly thought back to when I locked myself inside the store room, all the crashing I heard was the hooded man ruining Blake's gallery. I dropped the photos when I saw some of the writing, 'Charlie is mine', 'you are mine', 'I will have you'!
"His obsession is becoming violent. It's progressing; he's becoming more active to the point where he's reaching out to the object of his obsession. At the moment all we can do is leave officer's outside the apartment and permanent officers to escort you to work and anywhere else until we find him-"

"You can leave now officer's, my daughter needs to rest!" Richi's voice bellowed through the apartment and anger was clear in his tone, even the officer next to me flinched. Without another word they gathered their items and exited. Silence filled the apartment and tears that had been lingering in my eyes finally began to leak.

"Bean!", Blake collapsed onto his knees in front of me and pulled me into a hug. That's when I noticed how tense his body was and how shaky his hands were, I weaved my hands under his arms and placed them on his shoulder blades before sobbing into his shoulder. "I should have never let you leave...and alone...god I'm so sorry Bean, I'm so sorry!"

"It's not your fault Blake, it...I shouldn't have gone alone-" he pulled away and cupped my face.

"We're going to the hospital-"

"I already went...Pip's fine Blake and so am I" his body sagged in relief before his focus traveled to Beth and Richi. It was then that I realised what I had just said. I stood up and within a second Richi had me in a tight embrace.

"My princess, if anything would have happened to you..." I gripped him tighter to reassure him, or maybe myself. "How could you just go somewhere on your own? In a new city! How could you do that?"