Chapter Nine - "Bun In The Oven"

"About time Bean. I thought you ditched me for a quickie with Mr. Arrogant or something." I couldn't see it earlier because I wanted so desperately to believe that he was telling the truth but now I could see it clear as day, he was afraid, concerned and lying. "What's wrong?" I shook my head barely able to look him in the eye. "Come on, popcorn's ready and I picked the movie cause let's face it you always choose a horror movie even though you're hiding behind a pillow for most of it!" He smiled awkwardly and I couldn't stand it any longer.

"Blake I have to tell you something...I need to show you something." I gauged his reaction and he was instantly nervous. I slid past him and down the hall, dropping my bag on the ground I dragged the box out and carried it to the kitchen bench. I slammed it down on the counter and he clenched his jaw. After looking anywhere but at me for a good three minutes and finally having no other option he made eye contact with me.

"B...Bean what-"

"Somebody sent them to me. They're pictures of me, sleeping, showering and doing other...things with my ex-boyfriends. This box has years of photographs." His hands instantly fisted and he looked to the floor. How are you going to lie your way out of this one Blake? Are you going to tell me I imagined the pictures being of me? Are you going to try and convince me that they're photo shopped and someone's just messing with me?

"Bean I...I already saw-" he walked over to me and closed the box, I swallowed pooling all the strength I had left into not crying. "I've seen them Bean...I just...I didn't want you to think I'd changed because of them." I released a breath I had been holding and he placed his hands softly on my shoulders. "You were so upset and seeing you that broken, that afraid last night I...I just didn't want you to feel like I was going to leave, like you're all alone. You'll never be alone again Bean." He pulled me into his arm and I felt relief. I realised I was angry at Blake for lying when all he was, all he ever does is try to protect me. Yet I didn't trust him, Beth or Richi and their love for me enough to share this with them. I assumed that our family, our relationship and bonds were so weak that something like this could easily break them, I was so wrong.

"Blake...what...what did you do to the CD?" He tightened his grip and then loosened it slightly.

"I gave it to the police and some of the...some of the pictures." I cringed from the thought of other people seeing them, "Don't! You have nothing to be ashamed about Bean, the sick son of a bitch who's stalking you and taking them is the one to blame and he will pay for all of this." I let that be enough of an explanation even though I still had this overwhelming feeling that he was hiding something...There was more. He either knows the person or knows what they want!

"I remember him-" he released me and returned his grip on my upper arms.

"What?"

"I got another copy of the footage and I remember him from Seattle, I used to see him hanging around the orphanage...park... school, just...just random places. But he never tried to approach me or anything so what does he want now-"

"Forget about him! The police will handle it from here or they'd better hope they do because if I see him here again I'll-" I wrapped my arms around him weakly and he was tense with anger. It was rare for Blake because he was a very chilled out person, seeing him like this was unbearable.

***

"Blake why can't I just see the dress?"

"Mum said to give it to you on the night of the charity auction; it's a surprise Bean so chill because you're not getting the dress." I slumped down on his bed and crossed my arms over my chest, I began to pout and widen my eyes- "Oh no you don't!"