The Story of my life

I sat in my red comfy chair, on a bright Wednesday afternoon and looked out the window of my small, blue house on the corner of Avalon street. I always loved the name of that street. My house was old and cracked like my back in the morning. All the walls were white, but they were decorated will all sorts of things I ha collected from over the years. Artifacts were everywear. From my small collection of swords, to my small figurines, which I had positioned to tell a story. Out of all the homes I had over the years this one was probably my favorite. The silence was broken when my door had swung open.

"Mr. Ambrosius, you really should lock your door more often", said the young girl that had stepped through. "Yes yes.. I'm always forgetting," I muttered. That's what people expect from you when you look like you're a few days from death. Zena Williams was her name. She had long, curly brown hair, and cocoa brown skin. She dressed like a rainbow, colorful everything. From the bright yellow bow I her hair, to her black and white-stripped dress with a bright blue jacket, to her lavender boots. She was my next-door neighbor and her parents thought it would be a good idea for her to help me out around the house and to keep me company. "How was school today?" I asked. She plopped her book-bag down, rolled her eyes and said "horrible! Today we finishes reading "Albion", the story about king Arthur and Merlin the Great, and so many people said it was boring and untrue!"

"The ignorance" I muttered

"I know right!" She continued. "Just because sorcerers don't revile themselves to us these days doesn't mean they aren't still out there, and if they are that means Arthur is to!" Young Zena has always loved my story, that's one of the reasons I keep her around, also because she will be very important in the future that is yet to come.

"Tell me child, what is your favorite part of the story?" She reached into her book-bag and pulled out the book and sat in a blue-green chair across from me and flipped the book open to the last page and read aloud, "here it is...

'Merlin held the dying king in his arms, I cannot loose him, he told the dragon. He is the once a future king Merlin, said the dragon, he will rise again. That was when Merlin realized, Arthur wasn't gone, but only dorment. The king will soon rise again, and Merlin had to be there to serve as he once did before.' "

I could feel my eyes begin to water as I thought of the day. It still caused me pain. Zena noticed this and sighed, "an emotional part I know.. But it is my favorite. If only Merlin could be there to see him return, I hope I will." I blinked away the tears and smiled, "I was named after the great wizard.. Perhaps one Merlin will live to see it" she smiled back at me. "Most elders only talk about when they're going to die, but you talk about how you're going to live.. Why is that?" She asked. I shook my head.. "I don't know my child, I've lived so long I guess I've forgotten all about death."