TWO.

"I swear I don't love the drama, it loves me"

-

TWO.

CADY WAKES TO THE SOUND OF CRASHING WAVES AND THE SUN IN HER FACE. She grabs her satchel, taking out the pouch of water and drinking from it greedily to quench her thirst.

Shrugging off the cape, Cady pulls her arms out into a stretch, enjoying the sunshine. The night's events come crashing down at her and her heart begs for Caspian to be safe. She cannot lose the last of their family.

Marble ruins surround her as she treks through the pillars. Tall columns and fallen ones litter the grassland as Cady strolls around, finding a fruit tree and begins feasting on an apple.

"Wonder who lived here?" A small girl's voice echoes through the clearing. Cady tosses the apple off the cliff and presses her back to a standing stone wall, peering through a gap. Her hand pulls her tutor's dagger out as she ventures forward cautiously.

"I think we did," an older girl responds, holding up a golden chest piece. The metal gleams flaxen in the sunlight. Cady frowns, if anyone lives in the ruins here, she will have to eliminate them all, for her safety and protection. Her uncle has always said to leave no witnesses.

Two boys approach the girls, the brunet pointing at the chess piece and taking it from the older girl. "Hey, that's mine. From my chest set."

"Which chess set?" The blond boy asks.

The brunet replies with a playful look on his face, "I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley, did I?"

Cady frowns, the word 'Finchley' is out of her vocabulary. She follows them closely, watching as the four stand side by side in a line in front of what seems to resemble four large chairs. Thrones, she realises, they are thrones.

As the four walk towards the clearing she is hiding in, Cady spins the dagger on her palm to get used to the hold and grabs the brunet boy from behind, resting the dagger before his neck and yanking one of his arms back behind his back, twisting it so he cannot move away without breaking something in his body.

He lets out a small yell, making a move to grab her from the front, struggling with only one arm to defend himself. He is strong for his age, his hand grabbing onto the arm that holds the dagger against his throat. His dark hair blocks Cady's vision momentarily before she finds her balance again and keeps her dagger against his throat.

The other three spin around as she holds tightly to the brunet, "Who are you and how did you find me?"

The blond boy holds up his hands, "Woah, woah, calm down, we are just passing by."

"Passing by?" Cady snorts. "I've heard better excuses from the boys who 'accidentally' walked into me changing."

The older girl raises her eyebrows, obviously amused. Smiling, she glances at the blond and nods towards her.

"Answer my question or he gets it. Who are you?" Cady grits her teeth, pressing the dagger against the boy in her grasp.

"I'm Peter, these are my sisters Susan and Lucy, and who you are holding hostage is my brother, Edmund," Peter speaks, gesturing at each person respectively.

"So, you aren't Telmarines?" Cady asks, frowning. Their names sound terribly familiar but she cannot put her finger on what.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund asks, eyeing the dagger nervously.

Cady releases him quickly, blushing slightly under the intense stares of the four. "For the last few hundred years, yes of course. Sorry about that, I just had to make sure," She apologises, sheathing her dagger.

"It's alright," Edmund replies, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ed, are you sure? A girl just grabbed you from behind, tried to kill you and you say it's alright?" Susan cracks a teasing grin.

"I'm fine," He glares back at his sister. Then, Edmund turns and narrows his eyes at the dagger in Cady's hand. "Hey, where did you get that dagger?"

"It's none of your business." Cady shields the weapon from their sight, shifting her belt anxiously.

"No, seriously, can I have a look?" He presses, his eyes never leaving the knife Doctor Cornelius had given her.

Cady sighs, she can see the stubbornness in his features and determines that this could go on for the whole day if it had to. So she takes the dagger from its sheath and hands it to the brunet. If he decides to turn the tables on her, she has her swords at the very least.

Edmund's eyes widen and gestures frantically at the dagger. "How did you get this?" He demands, the anger evident in his tone.

"My doctor gave it to me," Cady replies, wringing her hands together.

Peter glances down at the dagger and frowns, "Isn't that dagger your's, Ed? The one forged at the Lone Islands?"

"That was what I was thinking," Edmund says, thumbing the lion head resting at the hilt of the dagger. He glances at Cady and she raises her chin to stare him in the eye. "Well, you hold on to it, Miss?"

"Cadence," The blonde girl replies, taking the dagger back. "But just Cady is fine."

"And your heritage?" Susan questions, crossing her arms.

"House of Telmar, second in line for the Narnian throne."

"Telmar?" Susan echoes. " But you asked if we were–"

"Telmarines? Yes," Cady cuts her off, nodding. "My doctor had me leave the castle last night."

"But why?" Lucy frowns, her eyebrows knitting together in worry.

Cady sighs, "My doctor didn't get the chance to explain, I don't know."

"Well then, we must find someone who can explain all of this," Peter says, resting his hands on his hips and surveying the ruins around us.