THREE.

"I don't need luck, I have you"

-

THREE.

"CATAPULTS," Edmund kneels down, examining a large rock. They are trekking along the side of the cliff. The loud crashes of waves beckoning at them from down beneath them.

"What?" Peter frowns from beside Cady.

"This didn't just happen," Edmund glances up at them. "Cair Paravel was attacked."

"This is Cair Paravel?" Cady can't help the gasp that slips from her lips. "My ancestors, the Telmarines, attacked this place long ago."

She flinches from the light growl that Peter emits, her hand instinctively returning to rest on the hilt of a falchion.

Peter turns and tilts his head at a large stone wall, it is somehow still intact with the ruins and he starts towards it. Edmund follows him, hot on his heels. They push the wall aside, revealing a simple wooden door. Peter carves a hole through the door knob and pushes it open before cutting a strip of his shirt off and wrapping the fabric around a wooden stick.

"Don't suppose you have any matches, do you?" Peter glances around the group of five. His gaze lingers on Cady but the blonde shrugs. Fire attracts attention and it is something she does not want nor need when on the run.

Edmund shifts through his bag, pulling out a foreign silver object. "No, but would this help?"

"You might have mentioned that a bit sooner!" Peter replies jokingly as if the object can assist them.

Beside her, Susan and Lucy giggle at their siblings' antics.

"What is that?" Cady questions with a frown.

"It's a torch, think of it as light without a flame," Susan explains.

"How fun," Cady replies, eyeing the silver thing nervously before following the four down the stairs as Edmund shines the torch around the area.

Peter grins as he pushes the gate open. "I can't believe it! It's all still here!" He exclaims as the four each hurries to a chest respectively in front of four statues.

Cady's jaw drops as she looks around, the sculpted states have to be over hundred years old, the engravings alone the walls hint at old Narnian times. She has learned enough about Narnian history from her doctor to understand the different styles of Narnian times. There is the age of the White Witch, with simple, more generic shapes to avoid arrest. And then, the Golden Narnian age, with delicate fascinating carvings that depict details and stunning stories, there was adventure and battle and drama.

"Wait. You–You are the kings and queens of old!" Cady gasps, rubbing her eyes to make sure that none of this is a dream. She thinks she is going to faint. "High King Peter the Magnificent, and Queen Susan the Gentle, and King Edmund the Just, and Queen Lucy the Valiant!"

Peter lets out a small chuckle, "Don't worry, you're royalty too, princess."

"B--But this is different! You're them! You're legends! I read about you in fairytales! And, well, in forbidden history books," Cady says, waving her arms around dramatically and struggling to catch her breath. She adds quietly, "And you're way out of my league."

Edmund turns to her and scrunches up his face in confusion. "What was that?"

Susan smirks. "She said that you are way out of her--"

"I was so tall," Lucy cuts in cluelessly, pulling out a dress from her chest.

Cady breathes out a sigh of relief. Susan shoots her a knowing glance before she turns to her younger sister. "Well, you were older then."

"As opposed to hundreds of years later, when you're younger," Edmund replies with an oversized helmet on his head.

Susan cracks open her chest and shifts through it before letting out a sigh.

"What is it?" Lucy asks worriedly.

"My horn! I must have left it on my saddle the day we went back," Susan replies, clutching her bow and arrows and staring into her chest.

The room quiets down in anticipation as Peter opens his chest, pulling out a magnificent sword and unsheathing it. The stunning silver gleams in the light and he says, "When Aslan bares his teeth, winter meets its death."

"When he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again," Lucy whispers, face contorting into anguish. "Everyone we knew, Mr Tumnus and the beavers, they are all gone."

"I feel awful, your majesties," Cady murmurs, looking around the dusty chamber and avoiding their looks.

"It's not your fault," Peter reassures her.

Cady shoots him a grateful smile, nodding as she retreats back into a corner and begins sifting through her bag for her change of clothes.

She strips quickly, her nightgown pooling around her feet and kicking her boots off along with it. Cady pulls on her black riding pants, the garment fitting her legs nicely before pulling a mid-calf dress over it. The high-waisted dress is a stunning ombre shade, starting from seafoam green at the boatneck neckline and ending in a forest green sheer silk tulle. It somewhat assembles a ballerina's dress, with a slit starting from the waistline to the hem.

Cady pulls on her boots and puts on the coat last. It is her mother's from before and it has structured shoulders, with soft green-grey material wrapping around her body snuggly. There is a sheer attached to the coat's back like a cape and its details glint under the sunlight, the fabric shimmering like sunlight reflecting from water waves.

When she is done, Cady smooths her dress down and turns to face the four again, heading towards each of them as she sneaks a peek inside their chests.

Peter's one is filled to the brim with scarlet red objects ranging from clothing to weapons and to armour. Susan's one has more gowns, along with her bow and arrows. Lucy's one consists more of treasures and keepsakes, most likely gifts from her old Narnian friends.

Cady walks over to Edmund's, tilting her head as she studies his statue. It is carved in marble, of an older-looking king clad in a royal's robes.

A shadow moves from behind the sculpture and Cady jumps as a shirtless Edmund emerges.

Cady spins around so quickly that she almost stumbled into a fallen column in front of her. She cringes, biting her lip when she hears him chuckle, obviously having seen her.

She can hear him reach into his chest and there is a sound of ruffling behind her.

"You can turn around now." Cady can hear the smirk in his voice and she turns around to face a fully-clothed Edmund.

"Um, well, I wasn't paying attention–" She trails off, bowing her head.

His smirk widens as he adds, "Like what you saw?"

Cady flushes a darker crimson than before and is fully ready to crawl into a hole and never see the sunlight again.

He let out a tiny chuckle, "Don't worry about it." Edmund walks past her, shooting a wink over his shoulder as he heads toward Peter.

Susan approaches her from behind and gives her a soft nudge, grinning widely, "You're staring."

"Your Majesty!"