SEVEN.

"like the lazy ocean hugs the shore, pull me close, sway me more"

-

SEVEN.

CADY WAKES TO CHIRPING BIRDS AND PETER AND LUCY GONE FROM THE CAMP. Peter's sword is gone from its precious spot and Cady quickly wakes up the rest of the sleeping bodies on the ground, already gathering up their things and looking around for the two Pevensies.

Cady leads a trek down a winding path, hearing sounds of metal meeting metal further down.

"No, stop!" Lucy shouts, her shrill yell catching them off guard and causing the rest of them to dash towards her voice.

The path weaves and dips in curves as they run quickly to Lucy, emerging into a thick path in the woods.

Cady gasps, watching in awe as centaurs and fawns and all sorts of old Narnian creatures emerge from the trees. They're real, they are all real.

"Peter!" Susan shouts, looking at the two in front of them in disdain.

And when the other boy shifts his brown hair out of his eyes to turn to the source of the High Queen's voice, Cady's face splits into a wide grin and bursts from behind Edmund to run to her brother. "Caspian!"

"Cadence? Is that–"

Cady doesn't let her brother finish his sentence, launching into his arms happily to embrace him. Caspian lets out a breathy laugh, spinning the blonde around in joy as Cady buries her face into the crook of his neck.

"I'm so glad you're safe," Cady says when he releases her, setting her down on the ground to sling an arm around her shoulders. In front of them, Peter clears his throat and Cady feels her face growing hot.

With a nudge to her brother, eyes flitting to the sword still in his hands then she gestures at the boy before them. "Caspian, this is High King Peter."

"I believe you called," Peter deadpans, looking him up and down.

"Well, yes, but I thought you'd be older," Caspian comments.

Peter shrugs. "If you like, we could come back in a few years–"

"No, no, that's all right, you're just–you're not exactly what I expected." Cady's brother looks at them, his gaze lingering on Susan for a moment longer.

"Neither are you." Edmund raises a sceptical eyebrow, easing the tension slightly.

"A common enemy reunites even the oldest of foes," A badger steps forward with a comment. This must be Trufflehunter, the badger Trumpkin speaks so fondly of.

Following the creature, a mouse bounds towards Peter, bowing as he speaks, "We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service."

"Oh my gosh, he is so cute," Lucy's whisper may be meant to be a soft comment to her sister but it echoes around the group.

The mouse draws his tiny sword in frustration, shouting, "Who said that?"

"Sorry," Lucy replies with a sheepish smile.

The mouse stammers, "Uh–Your majesty, with the greatest respect, I do believe 'courageous', 'courteous', or 'chivalrous' might more befit a knight of Narnia."

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Peter grins in approval.

"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it in good use, securing weapons for your army, sire," the creature responds.