FIFTEEN.

"I have no choice my heart already fell"

-

FIFTEEN.

FOR A MOMENT, time stands still and the air quiets. Then, the sudden realisation that the battle is inevitable comes crashing down hard. Cady pulls away from Edmund, and draws her swords.

Then Peter turns to Susan up at the archers' area and. "Be ready!" He shouts, gesturing at them.

"Peter!" Caspian yells, pointing behind them.

In unison, the three turn around to see Lord Gregoire rush forward, charging with his sword high up. Peter dashes up, blocking his swing before slicing his un-armoured legs and then at his throat.

"Go!" He shouts to Caspian, who has mounted his horse and is waiting for Peter's direction.

Cady joins Peter and Edmund at the front of the battleline, the three standing side by side as they wait for the storm to come.

The Telmars launch rocks with their trebuchets first, then their calvary rushes forward next, swords and spears drawn as they ride across the grassland. The ground shakes as each catapulted rock lands on the earth, breaking the soil.

At Peter's signal, Caspian and Glenstorm gallop into the How. And Peter begins counting: "One, two."

Cady braces herself, balancing as the rock crashes nearby.

"Three, four." His pace is steady, saying, "Five, six, seven."

"Eight, nine," he finishes before shouting, "Get ready!"

Then the ground caves midway through the grassland, crumbling beneath the approaching Telmar calvary as they fall into the pit, out of control.

From above, the archers release their arrows and it rains down on the Telmarines, one by one they fall, unable to dodge the shower of arrows.

"Ed, fancy a little wager?"

He raises his eyebrows. "Go on."

"Person with the highest kill count wins." Cady grins.

"What does the winner get then?" Edmund returns the smirk.

"I don't know–"

"How 'bout a kiss then?" Edmund winked.

"Done," Cady says with a laugh.

Edmund looks over to Cady. "Be careful, love," he says before he leaps on top of a rock and mounts a horse, galloping towards the men with a crossbow in his hands.

Cady nods, spinning her falchions in her hands to get a grip, warming up her movements.

"Charge!" Peter commands, sword high as he runs forward.

So she follows. Cady launches into battle, clashing with Telmarine soldiers and running her swords down their bodies, cutting them down one by one.

Giants, dwarves, centaurs, fauns, satyrs. All the Narnians throw themselves into battle, fighting for their kingdom with a loud war cry.

Cady dives headfirst into the fighting, slashing and kicking at the soldiers who attempt to climb up from the sunken hole.

She skids down a slippery slope and into the ravine, one hand bracing the dirt as she finds her balance. When she reaches the bottom, she swiftly lands a kick at the back of a fleeing Telmarine soldier's legs, taking him down.

But the whole Termaine army is still rushing towards them, and their numbers seem to never dwindle. Glenstorm leads the centaur's charge into battle, his greatsword held straight and high as he swings down, taking down a row of soldiers. The dwarves are quick to release their arrows, and Cady has to remember to dodge the continuous downpour of arrows from the sky as she battles on. Wimbleweather the giant grabs Telmarine soldiers off from their horses and throws them back, tossing them like ragdolls in the air. Hell, even Trufflehunter has joined in the battle. Cady makes sure to watch the badger's six, stabbing a sneaking Telmarine just before he attacks the Narnian.

At some point, she finds herself next to Peter, who is staring up at the sky. And she looks up, watching in awe as griffins and eagles fly down from the sky with archers and large rocks in their talons.

"Peter, watch out!" She yells as a Telmarine soldier swings his sword towards them. Cady moves instinctively, holding up her falchions and protecting the High King. She blocks the strike just in time for Peter to run his sword through the man, and the soldier falls backwards into the ravine.

"Thanks," he says, breathless.

She nods in reply. "Happy to be of service."

Her arms are beginning to tire, and for a moment, she surveys the battlefield, eyes widening in terror as hundreds of Telmarine soldiers march towards them, their uniformed formation unwavering.

"Back to the How!" Comes Peter's shout from behind her.

Cady turns to Peter, wanting to protest at their retreat. Still, she follows him back.

But rocks slam into the front structure of the How, blocking their escape as the entrance comes crumbling down, crushing those caught in its destruction.

Susan lets out a surprised yell from above, and Cady watches helplessly as she falls from the archers' area and on top of the How's fallen entrance. The High Queen catches herself, landing gracefully.

Cady turns back, turning to look at the incoming Telmarines, their numbers seem to be unfading. She hurries forward, joining Caspian and Peter. Soon, Edmund is beside her, tossing the Telmarine crossbow away and drawing his sword, and Susan is notching an arrow beside Caspian.

Together, they all look towards Peter. And they charge back into battle.

"For Narnia!"