[15]

"i said, oh my, what a marvellous tune, it was the best night, never would forget how we moved"

-

[15]

I trembled in my room, fiddling my fingers nervously as I smoothed down my dress, staring into the mirror.

The maids have left the bedroom, leaving me alone before the coronation.

There was a knock on the door and I jolted, turning away from the desk

"Come in!"

The doorknob turned and a familiar brunet poked his head in, a grin on his face.

"You look beautiful," Edmund commented, closing the door behind him.

"Thanks," I smiled, giving my dress a twirl in front of the King.

The floor-length teal embroidered dress revolved around me. The silky velvet coronation dress was flatter in the front and had more volume on the back. Its silhouette was more streamlined than what I was used to and a dark magenta cape made out of sheer organza was attached to the back, extending down and dragging behind me.

"I wanted to give you this," Edmund pulled out a small velvet box from his back, opening it to a gorgeous greenish-blue diamond in a white-gold setting.

I gaped at him, "Ed? What's going on?"

"It's a promise ring," he grinned. "And I want you to have it."

My heart melted when he held my left hand and slipped the ring onto my ring finger.

"Thank you," I pecked him on the lips, wrapping my arms around his neck.

H smiled, his hands resting on my waist. "You're the best."

"I know," I replied, pulling apart and intertwining our fingers.

"Now, you go out there and be crowned," Edmund tugged a loose strand of hair back into my braided hair.

I nodded as he opened the door, a satyr was waiting outside and he bowed when we came out, "Your majesties."

We greeted him and he started leading me towards the Grand Hall.

Edmund winked at me before leaving, jogging as he caught up with his siblings.

-

-

I walked down the aisle with Caspian beside me. Aslan walked before us, leading us down to where two thrones stood.

I gulped nervously, glancing at my brother. He cleaned up nicely, dressed in a nice white and blue combo. He gave me an encouraging smile before looking out at the crowd.

Centaurs, dwarfs, satyrs, animals, and Telmars were seated on both sides of the hall, Narnians and humans gathering to one community.

My smile widened as we paused at the front of the hall and we moved to stand in front of each throne.

Aslan smiled, turning to the crowd. "Welcome, everybody. Today we gather here to witness the coronation of Caspian the Tenth and Cadence of Narnia."