Chapter two: Arriving in North Carolina

| Tracie |

When my Mom, Dad, Chandler and I arrived in North Carolina, it was 8:00am. I texted Madison. she responded right away.

| Madison |

While eating Taco Bell, I got a text from Tracie.

Tracie😇: We landed in North Carolina, I miss you bestie.

Me: That's great. Tell me what your new house looks like later, I'm eating dinner. I miss you too!

I locked my phone and continued eating dinner.

| Tracie |

I looked up from my phone and it was 12:00 am. Chandler called me over to the limo. I hopped in and we drove to our new house.

When we approached my new house it was right on the beach. It had huge, glass double doors. Chandler and I ran through them and decided which room was ours. We both ran upstairs. I got a room on the backside of the house with a balcony and a view of the beach. Chandler got a room on the front side of the house with a balcony and a view of Lighthouse Circle ( the name of their street ) and our neighbors' houses. we had five different neighbors. I hadn't met any of them. In between mine and Chandlers room, there was a loft area. It would be perfect for movies.

After I finished decorating my room it was around 2:00pm. When I was finished , my room had mint Aztec wallpaper, white carpet that looks like snow, a flat screen tv in the corner of my room, a white nightstand, walk in closet in the corner opposite from the flat screen, and a king sized beg with mint striped comforters. I loved my new room.

I was tired so I took a nap. When I woke up it was 3:10 so I decided to walk on the beach with Chandler. He didn't want to hang with his baby sis, he said something about making friends before he is noticed as a nobody. But that was okay, I could walk alone.

I put on my black Aztec bikini top, blue bikini bottoms, blended flip flops and a white cover up. I put my hair in a messy bun and walked out my back door.

I walked along the beach looking at the strong waves as they came in. I glanced up at a blue eyed- beauty with brown hair. He was so hot. He caught eye contact with me and I silently squealed to myself. I stripped myself of my cover up and ran down to the ocean. I jumped in the water and started swimming.

| Hayes |

I separated from Nash and went to walk down to the Ferris wheel at the carnival, but on my way there I saw a flawless girl. She had a messy bun and a great body, even though she was wearing a cover up. I looked straight into her eyes. They were the most gorgeous, green eyes i'd ever seen. She was just so perfect. She took off into the water so I followed, took my shirt off and ran into the waves.

| Tracie |

He followed me into the water. His arms looked so strong. I smirked to myself, about as strong as those waves. He made his way through the water over to me.

"Hi, I'm Hayes." he said.

"Hi, I'm Tracie." I blushed.

"How old are you?" he asks me.

"Fourteen." I say.

"Me too." he said. His cheeks grew red.

"You live round here?" he asked.

"Yeah, I live in Lighthouse circle." I responded. " I'm new to the neighborhood."

"No way! me too." He said. "Well I'm not new to the neighborhood but I live there" I giggle and a smile grew on his face.

"Woah, that's so cool!" I said "Well hello neighbor." I waved.

"Well hello." he said.

"So, what school are you gonna go to?" He asked me.

"Umm... I think it's called Davidson Day?" I said questioning him.

"No way! I go there." he yelled.

"I can show you around the school once you start school there if you want." He asks me.

"I'd like that." I blushed again. he touched my cheek. I felt sparks. He took his hand off my cheek.

"So, you play any sports?" he asks awkwardly.

"Actually I played football at my old school." I said. He looked surprised.

"What position?" his eyes grew wide.

"Kicker." I said without a doubt. " My best friend Madison and I were very competitive when it came to who is the starting kicker of the game. We actually got so competitive that the coaches had to put me in then her in then me in then her in and so on. we had equal strengths and weaknesses and we were like this." I said wrapping my pinky around his. We got out of the water and went to eat at one of the restaurants along the beach. After we were done eating, it was 4:10. Hayes walked me back to my house after he showed me his. His was the one to the right of mine. There I was standing with the hottest boy I've ever seen, on my porch, with him looking straight into my eyes.

| Hayes |

"Has anyone ever told.. that you have the most amazing green eyes?" They were perfect. She blushed.

"Yes, my dad reminds me everyday." She said.

"See you tomorrow." I said softly with a big smile on my face.

She walked inside and slowly closed the door. A few seconds later I got a text from Nash.

Bruther: Where are you?

Me: Catching up with you. I took a swim and ate a snack.

Bruther: Ok, I will meet you at our house. Mom says dinner is ready.

Me: Ok.

Right as I was about to leave Tracie's porch, she opened the door.

"See you Monday." she whispered. "That's when I start school."

"Great." I whispered back. "See you Monday." Today was Saturday, I can't wait that long.

I went back into my house and started eating dinner.

| Tracie |

I opened my front door to get fresh air when I saw Hayes.

"See you Monday." I said. "That's when I start school."

"Great." he whispered. "See you Monday." Then walked away.

That night I went to bed with only one thing on my mind. Hayes Grier.

| Hayes |

That night I went to bed with only one thing on my mind. Tracie Smith.