Chapter three: Meeting my neighbors

| Tracie |

So all my neighbors and I were going to dinner. My mom said all of our neighbors have kids my age so I'm looking forward to meeting them. All I know in my neighbor hood is Hayes. I woke up at around 1:00 this morning. I am a late sleeper. I made some French toast and grabbed a small cup of yoplait yogurt. After I was done eating breakfast, I picked out my outfit for the day but not for the dinner yet. What I will wear Is my pink striped crop top and some white shorts and white vans. I grabbed my 'call me' beanie and set it all on my bed. My mom called me.

"Are you ready for the dinner tonight?" she asked.

"Yes!" I yelled.

I hopped in the shower, washed my body then got out. I put on the clothes that were set on my bed. I blow dried my hair then curled it. Then I ran down the stairs and outside and to Hayes' house. I rang the doorbell.

"Oh, Hey Tracie." he answered.

"Hey Hayes." I responded. "Are you excited for the dinner tonight?"

"Yep, I'm excited for you to meet everyone." he said.

"And who is this everyone?"

"Jake and Noah the twins on the other side of your house," he said "Nicole straight across from you, and on the other side of me is Lauren and Emma the other twins." he said.

"Thanks but I think I would remember better at dinner." I giggled.

"Yeah whatever..." he said.

He was staring into my eyes. I felt like I would melt. It was getting a little awkward so I said something.

"Do you want to...go to the movies or something?" I asked.

"Sure, we could kill time." he replied.

| Hayes |

I was staring into her big, green eyes. It got a little awkward then she spoke up.

"Do you want to...go to the movies or something?" she asked.

"Sure, we could kill time." I said.

We went to watch The Fault In Our Stars at he movies and Tracie's head was stuck to my shoulder. But I liked it. When the movie was over she was in tears. It was a great moment to be romantic. I gave her a hug to calm her down. Then she thanked me with a kiss on the cheek. My eyes lit up and my lips parted.

| Tracie |

It was only 1:47pm so Hayes and I went to the movies. we watched The Fault In Our Stars. The whole movie my head was practically glued to his shoulder. I was in tears by the end of the movie. Hayes comforted me by giving me a huge hug to calm me down. I thanked him with a kiss on the cheek. His eyes lit up. He smiled. Dinner was at 6. It was 5:30.

"Crap!" I yelled while dragging him along side me running.

"What?" he asked.

"The dinner, it's at six and it is 5:30."

"So." he said. "that's plenty of time to get ready."

"Not for a girl!" I said as we ran across town. We reached Lighthouse circle and Hayes and I both rushed inside our houses to get ready.

I put on a chain strap tassel cami, my paradise shorts, and white vans. then I curled my hair and put on my 'whatever' beanie. I walked out of my house with my mom, dad and Chandler waiting for me across the street at Nicole's house.

"Finally, the queen is ready." Chandler taunted.

"Yeah yeah." I said pointing to my beanie. He gave me a 'rude' look. I laughed.