Chapter eight: The rally

| Hayes |

Today I'm going to ask Tracie to be my girlfriend. I just hope she doesn't slap me and run off like they do in those youtube videos I watched. Last football practice, I organized the stadium lights in a specific way asking Tracie to be mine. They'll be on tonight at our rally. I always notice her gorgeous green eyes glowing as she looks at the lights every Thursday. (on rally days)

| Tracie |

Our next football rally is today. Hayes has kinda been ignoring me this past week and I don't know why. He's never like this. Not even a text message.

I can't believe that it's only our second football game. I'm excited. I prepare for the day by putting on my black North Carolina crew neck sweatshirt, some dark blue shorts, my 'never judge a book by it's cover' necklace, a black beanie and some black converse. I then put my hair into a side fishtail braid and grab my backpack.

-------skipping school-------

| Hayes |

All my classes went by really slow but now it is time for football practice. When I came out of the locker room, I put on the biggest smile ever. I just couldn't stop smiling. Finally I stopped when Tracie asked me a question.

"Why are you smiling so much?" She questions me while she giggles.

I smirk. "You'll see."

-------skipping football practice-------

It's the end of our school's football practice and the rally is about to start. The cheerleaders and dance team perform their routines and sit back down on the grassy field. The rally activities were done now and people were about to get up a leave until 3...2..1. Boom the field lights caught those green eyes looking at them.

Tracie mumbled while looking at the lights "Tracie, will you be mine? Love Hayes." she looked directly at me and nodded yes then ran up and hugged me. 'Awws' and 'that is cute' spread through the crowds of people like a sickness. The field lights turned off but I could still feel those green eyes on me. I pulled out my phone.

"Mom, me and Tracie are going to walk home together, you don't have to pick us up from practice." I quickly say into my phone.

"Alright love you Hayes, bye."

I grabbed Tracie's hand and walked her home.

| Tracie |

School was alright but now it's time for the rally tonight. And the football game tomorrow. After i'd gotten dressed for football practice, I saw Hayes was grinning so big.

"Why are you smiling so much?" I giggle.

His smile then turns into a smirk. "you'll see." He says.

-------skipping football practice-------

I guess I'm just having an alright day because football also wasn't the best. The cheer and dance teams are performing for the football players for the rally. I got distracted by the field lights. They had letters on them but I couldn't see them. The lights needed to shine brighter. The cheer and dance teams were done performing. As soon as they sat down on the floor, my eyes still on the light noticed the field lights went brighter. It was hard looking at them because they were so bright but my eyes made it easy. I mumble the words as I read them.

"Tracie, will you be mine? Love Hayes."

I looked directly over to Hayes and nodded yes. The field lights went out. I was still hugging Hayes when somebody strong grabbed my hand. Hayes? Hayes. (TFIOS)

"Mom, me and Tracie are going to walk home from practice, you don't have to pick us up from practice." Hayes says, waits for a response then hangs up.

We walked home, hand in hand til we reached our street. I cannot believe he asked me to be his girlfriend. He let go of my hand for a moment then connected them again like puzzle pieces. Then out of nowhere came a small car. It struck my ankle as I fell down. I looked at my wounded ankle. I felt the room getting darker feeling pain every breath I took.

| Hayes |

We reached our street and it was silent while I examined her green eyes. She was hit by a small vehicle then she fell to the ground. I knocked on the door super loud. Her mother answered the door.

"Mrs. Smith! Tracie uh.. Was hit... by a car.., Please help!" I scream.

"Alright, you call 911 and I'll do mouth to mouth!"

She handed me Tracie's phone and I dialed 9-1-1 with my finger racing to press the call button. Next thing you know, the ambulance arrives with a gurney on Tracie's driveway. They picked up Tracie's body and put it on the gurney. I rushed into Mrs. Smith's car and waited for the ambulance to drive to the hospital. We soon followed it in the car.

I hate hospitals. Nothing good ever happens in them. The doctor soon called us back and Tracie's father arrived at that moment. Sad, we walked to her room, tears formed in my eyes. I just kept thinking 'should've been me.' It's not fair.
-------------------------------------------------•Hayes and Tracie are together but why did this happen on there first day
•#Trayes all the way
•Follow my ig fan account @youngyeetergrier
•thanks for 300+ reads
•I know 'coach's daughter' doesn't have many reads but I have to update this story😂 please go read 'coach's daughter' tho!
•Stay perfect • Luv yah!