16 || ER

"How are you feeling?" Harry asks me for what seems the thousandth time today, and the day has just started an hour ago.

"It still hurts." I say. We had been in the ER for over an hour and they have yet to come back to me with results as to what happened.

There was an awkward silence between Harry and I and I hated it. Never once had there been one before but now, we're two completely different persons it's like we don't even know each other. He's this famous celebrity and I'm a struggling medical student.

"You know how when we were younger we use to talk out of our ass? I said I was going to be the best doctor in the whole wide world and you were going to be the most famous celebrity and we were going to be billionaires at 20?" He chuckles. "Difference there is that, you're already there and I have to deal with all these problems, and I'm not even there yet."

"You will." He says, caressing my hair. I felt like absolute shit.

"Didn't you say you had something to tell me?" I ask, remembering what he said when he got to my house. He seemed hesitant at first but before he could say anything, the door swung open.

"Katherine Davis?" The new doctor says making me nod and sit up. He looked like he was having a hard time. "This isn't the most easiest part of my job." He says making my heart drop.

"What is it?" I ask making Harry put his hand on my shoulders for comfort. "Is it anything major?"

He takes a deep breath. "I'm afraid you've had a miscarriage." He says, shocking me.

"What?" Harry and I say at the same time. I could feel he was looking at me. "I was pregnant?"

"You didn't know?" Harry asks me making me shake my head.

"No? I've never had any symptoms."

"It's totally normal to be pregnant and not have pregnancy symptoms, this happens quite often." He says writing on his clipboard. "Have you had any bleeding?"

"Yes, but I thought that was just my period, it's not abnormal for me to miss a period so I just thought it came late." I could see Harry from the corner of my eye in shock, probably not believing what he was witnessing.

"Have you been undergoing any sort of stress?" He asks. Hmm, let's see - my fathers death, my mother going bankrupt, the eviction notice, Ethan cheating on me right in front of my face.

"Yes." I quickly say. "A lot actually."

"Well, that explains it. I will go get your medication." He says and excuses himself from the room. I lay back down and clutch my stomach, still baffled at what he just said to me.

"Kate, I'm so sorry." Harry says, sitting on the bed while holding my hand.

I felt as though this was partially my fault. No matter how stressed I was, I still put even more stress on myself - and last night with the drinking. God.

"There's nothing you could've done, okay? You didn't know." Before I answer, the door opens to reveal Ethan in last nights clothes making my mood change.

"Kathrine, oh thank god, are you alright? Your mother told me you were here." He says coming to me making Harry back up and let go of my hand.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asks making Ethan turn to him. "Shouldn't you be wallowing in your mistress right about now?"

"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about." He defends.

"Please, this isn't the time!" I say getting their attention.

"What happened?" Ethan asks, grabbing my hand.

"I had a miscarriage." I say, the words falling from my lips like vile.

"What? You were pregnant?"

"Apparently." I say. "It was because of all the stress."

"Baby, I'm so sorry." He says making me roll my eyes.

"You and I have to talk." I glare at Ethan making him nod.

"I will go pay." Harry says, beginning to excuse himself.

"Harry, don't -"

"I told you I'm not asking for permission to help." He looks to me before glancing at Ethan and walking away.

I quickly take my hand away from Ethan's hand. "What was he doing here? Isn't he a famous celebrity?" Ethan asks.

"No, he's my best friend." I correct him, beginning to stand up. "Why did you come here?"

"I came to apologize," He says watching as I get my clothes from the chair and go behind the curtains to change. "I know there's no denying what I did, and I'm sorry you had to see that - I fucked up and I admit it, but I love you and we were going to get married and I just don't want that going to waste."

"Honestly Ethan, I don't need anymore stress." I say, buttoning up my jeans. "I appreciate your concern."

"I know, but we were great together, besides you need someone there for you through this time, I promise you that if you give me this second chance I will not fuck it up. I have enough to finally have us move out, we can go wherever you want, we can move to that house near the school or anywhere you'd like."

"Ethan, Harry is here for me now -"

"Kate, please." He pleads coming closer to me and holding my hands. "How much will he do? He's a celebrity for crying out loud! How will he be there for you from all the way across the world? I will be there for you, 24/7. I promise you, we will get married and I will always be there."

He did have a point. Harry was always busy touring and being a celebrity, he wouldn't have time. I was too tired and depressed to even put up a fight, the easiest thing would be to tell him no but knowing him, he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Before I can say anything, he engulfs me in a hug before kissing the top of my head. "I love you, I promise I won't let anything hurt you again." He says.

After a while, I get a text from Harry.

Everything is paid for, I had to go back to America. If you need anything don't hesitate to let me know x