54 || OUR LAST YEAR

I paced, paced and paced some more that I'm sure I've lost the pounds I had gained due to stress eating. It's been a whole week since I had that talk with my mum, and since then I haven't been able to sleep.

As the days seemed to trudge on, the more I came to the realization that what I was feeling for Harry was not going to go away anytime soon. Not unless I talk to him about it. He had been in his home here in London, and I had not heard from him since. I hadn't exactly made any attempts to contact him anyway but my pride prevents me from texting first.

When I look to the clock, it's way past midnight. I was glad I didn't work in the morning so I didn't mind being up this late. My fingers practically itched to unlock my phone and contact Harry, but I just couldn't bring myself to.

Ben had been extremely busy with college back in his home so we weren't really talking as much as we used to, he had said something about taking his semester exams before break. I had nobody to talk to and I was slowly loosing my mind.

Just as I was about to give up and try to make myself go to bed, my phone rang with an incoming call, that being from none other than the person I was anticipating the most.

"Hello?" I say after a while of being on the line. I sit back against my headboard and tug on my hoodie string, waiting for a response, hearing his light breathing before he spoke.

"Hi, Katie." His voice was soft without a trace of sleep in it, probably because he wasn't sleeping just like me.

"Is everything alright?" I ask, now finding interest in the bruise on my knee that I received from bumping into the bathroom sink in the middle of the night.

"I'm...I don't know," he sighs. "I can't sleep."

"Sure you can, just close your eyes." I joke though I wasn't in a joking mood and I could tell he wasn't either but he managed to chuckle lightly regardless. "That makes two of us."

"Um," he says nervously. "I passed by this restaurant that runs twenty-four hours. I wasn't hungry at all, but something told me to go in."

"Okay.." I say, putting the call on speaker, I stay silent waiting for him to go on.

"When I went in, the smell sort of brought me back and I remembered I had taken you there when your dad was diagnosed with cancer," he begins and at the mention of my father, I tear up. "I had forgotten my wallet and I obviously wasn't going to let you pay, so I had to wash dishes for it and you laughed, it took your mind off of it for a while."

"Their chips are stale and gross." I scrunch my nose.

"They made you laugh though," he adds and I smile. "That's also where we went before prom, I knew how you'd get at the after party and I didn't want you to drink on an empty stomach." He says. "I've also been outside on my car for about thirty minutes."

"What?" I say and quickly go to the window, pulling back the curtain to see Harry standing against his car in a black hoodie, the phone pressed to his ear and smoke coming from his lips because of the cold. "Oh my God, come inside!" I say into the phone when he waves at me.

I hang up and quickly go downstairs to unlock the door and let him in. "I brought you some of those stale chips." He says, holding up a white bag with the restaurant's logo and I look at him and the bag before laughing.

"I can't believe you've been outside all this time and didn't tell me." I scold and he sets the bag of chips down on the table beside the door. "Would you like some coffee? Tea?" I ask and he nods, following me inside the kitchen where I set up the kettle. "What made you come here this late?"