30 || TURBULANCE BUDDIES

How fucking dare he.

I would never do something as fucked up as he's doing right now. Our friendship has been strong all these years because of that one promise.

There's been a few guys I've dated that absolutely hated the idea that I had a guy for a best friend - and those relationships have gone nowhere because my friendship meant so much more than some guy.

I thought that it was the same for Harry, especially after how Kendall treated me like if I was some groupie as she called me. To say that I was hurt was a understatement, the pain was worse than breaking up with a boyfriend, that's for a fact.

But if Harry wants to end our friendship that way, then so be it.

"Excuse me?" A muffled voice calls from beside me. I look away from the window while removing my earphone to see a brown haired man in a black leather jacket, sitting next to me as he taps on my arm lightly. "I don't mean to bother you, but do you happen to have any gum? I'm afraid my ears are too sensitive the turbulence might cause them to bleed." He chuckles.

"Oh," I say, baffled at how handsome he was. "Of course, here you go." I say as I hand him a piece of gum and grab one for myself as well.

If I wasn't so indulged in my melancholic state of looking out the window while listening to sad songs, I wouldn't have missed the hot American brunette on my side.

You're getting married.

"Oh, you're British. Going back home I see?" He says, unwrapping the piece of gum before popping it in his mouth.

I nod. "Wow, you're observant." I smile, chewing on the gum.

He makes a distasteful face. "Double mint? I prefer spearmint." He comments.

"Sorry, double mint was all I had." I laugh making him do the same.

"It's all good," he smiles, putting the wrapper in his pocket. "Are you good with turbulence and the landing?"

"Not really, I've never actually traveled outside of London until this past week."

"Really? Well it seems like you know the whole country very well, perhaps you could show me around? Where are you from? Also, if I'm being too intrusive with the questions, feel free to ignore me." He jokes.

"Not at all," I say. "I'm from Cheshire and I'd be glad to, where are you visiting?"

"Manchester, I really want to sightsee as much as I can." He smiles.

"Well Manchester is only a couple of minutes away from where I live, we could arrange something before I start my semester." I shrug making him nod.

"That sounds like a plan." He grins. "My names Ben by the way, Ben Reynolds." He extends his hand to me and I remembered we hadn't introduced ourselves.

He's too beautiful.

"I'm Katherine Davis," I say while shaking his hand, he turns my wrist around to notice my engagement ring.

"Mrs?"

"Not yet," I say, giving a nervous laugh. "In a month."

"Oh man, I guess I'm too late." He fake pouts making me giggle. Oh God, I'm giggling now. "Do you still think you could give me that tour?"

"Of course." I say. As a matter of fact, I didn't have any plans today until later and my mum's at my aunts for the day. "Do you want an early tour? If you don't have any plans that is."

"I was about to ask, maybe you could help me find the hotel I'm staying at before we can grab some breakfast? And then you can show me around."

"That sounds like a good plan." I smile. We share information before playing iMessage games for the rest of the plane ride.

Dave Franco as Ben Reynolds