34 || TRADITION OF LAND STEALING

Sometimes I stop and wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Am I solely fulfilling my medical career because that's what my father wanted for me? Or am I doing it because it's what I want to do?

Surely it was fun for me at the beginning. But now - it's like if I stop, I wouldn't know what else to do with my life. And that shit scared me.

I guess the pressure also came from having a famous friend, ex friend. Whatever. And then there's me.

"Am I truly happy?" I ask myself. Maybe I'm having a mental breakdown, but I know that the stress of being in the medical world wasn't exactly helping me.

My mental health is more important. Actually, having a stable job and career is important too.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

My life was slowing falling apart and I had no idea what to do. I liked my job at the coffee house, but I knew that isn't what I wanted to do all my life. For fucks sake, I'm almost 25, I should be married by now.

Well, at least I was going to be but my fiancé wanted to burry himself in some blonde instead.

Maybe I should do what Ben is doing. Maybe I should travel, see the world more. The only other place I've been besides London is New York, when I saw Harry. Maybe I should go to Japan next.

"...It's kinda sad actually," Ben chuckles. "But then I guess I'll just have to go back to the diner and pick up like a turkey sandwich or something."

"What's the purpose of this tradition again?" I ask, sitting criss cross on the couch.

"It's just about intercultural peace among the pilgrims and the Native Americans, they came together in 1621 and the pilgrims had prepared this feast full of their harvest and the main entree is a big ass turkey." He says making me nod along.

"So It's basically just a traditional dinner you Americans have for stealing land?" I joke, gathering information he told me.

He hums. "Basically."

"Not going to lie, that sounds like a fun idea. Maybe we can do that? You know, to help you feel at home here!" I suggest.

"Well it's kind of supposed to be in two days. Will we have time for that? Also, I don't want to bother."

"Not at all, it'll break the tradition of lazy Thursday's but it should be fine." I grin making him chuckle. "I'm sure my mother and Anne would love this idea. They're always looking for something new."

"Okay, it's a plan then." He smiles. "Should we go for groceries?" He asks making me nod.