32 || ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER

When I got home from dinner with Ben, I quickly got ready for Ethan and I's dinner together, only to be stood up and left waiting all night. I was much too tired to even call him that I ended up passing out before being awaken by none other than Ethan, a bouquet of roses and a coffee cup on his left hand.

Again with the fucking roses.

"Well, good morning." I say sarcastically, getting out of bed and pushing past him to grab my makeup wipes and removing last nights makeup I did for our non existent dinner.

"Babe, I can explain -"

"You know what Ethan? I really don't care." I say, ignoring him out down the roses on my bed and the coffee cup on the bedside table.

"I got caught up, I fell asleep on my desk by how tired I was." He defends himself. I look to him from the mirror, only to see his sloppy state and a hint of red stains on his shirt along with a mark on his neck.

"Oh," I say turning around. "And I suppose the desk did that to you?" I ask, pulling down the shirt to reveal the hickey on his neck. "Jesus Christ, Ethan! How stupid do you think I am?"

"It's not what -"

"Really? That same bullshit?" I cross my arms, remembering the first time he told me that when I caught him cheating on me. "You know what? I need you to pack your shit and leave."

"What? Kate -"

"Now!" I shout catching him off guard. He stands there for a second before I grab clean clothes of his from the closet and throw it out the open window to get him moving.

"Okay!" He retorts, seemingly angry though i did not care. In fact, if I wasn't so hurt, tired, hungry and angry all at once I'd be crying. I've had enough with what happened with Harry to even care about this. I should've listened.

Of course you're not fucking happy with him, you should've known better.

"And for the record," I say following Ethan down the stairs with the bouquet of roses in my hand. "I hate roses! They symbolize love and that's something we don't have between us! Also they smell horrible and they're basic! Be more original, Ethan!" I shout, gaining attention from the nosey neighbor in front of the house.

I throw Ethan the flowers before slamming the door shut, going upstairs before continuing to throw his things out the window.

Was I a bit too harsh? I was so angry I cussed at him like I've never done before. It's been two hours since he left and I was stuck in the empty apartment all by myself.

I looked down at my bare hand, remembering how I chucked the ring at Ethan before he gathered his stuff from the floor making it hit his head. That was the last thing I threw at him, in a sense that was my breakup with him.

A very dramatic one but much needed indeed.

I should probably let everyone know that the wedding is off. Who was I kidding? My mother and Anne always knew our marriage wouldn't last. They always told me, and I guess for false hope, I'd always roll my eyes and laugh at them.

I wanted to text Harry so bad, but knowing the state we were both in it was best for me to not do that. I couldn't text Ben because he was pretty tired from the plane and our tour. It seemed like my life was filled with boys and drama, I need a change for a start.

So instead, I drive to my mum's house relieved when she opened the door and when I come in, it appeared her and Anne were having tea in the living room.

"Oh sweetheart, what's happened?" My mum asks, rubbing my back as they both notice my state. My eyes were a bit red from a small bit of crying I did on the way here and my nose was red from the cold.

"You've finally left that twit, haven't you love?" Anne says earning a glare from my mum. I've always liked Anne, she's always been so honest and witty and that only reminded me of Harry because he's the exact same.

I sigh, taking a seat. "I have." I say whilst removing my coat.

"Well we aren't surprised one bit." My mum says, coming from the kitchen with a cup of tea.

"Thanks." I say as I take it. "Of course you guys aren't, you never liked him."

"As we shouldn't." Anne gives a cheeky smile. "What happened?" She asks and I tell them everything. I was so glad my semester didn't start until next year, the only thing I had to worry about now was work and I start that on Monday.

I was not ready to go back.

"That much stress isn't good for you," my mum says. "Have you talked to Harry?"

I lean back on the couch with a sigh. "We aren't in speaking mode right now."

"What? But you guys are best friends!"

"Well I guess we weren't that much of best friends with what happened." I roll my eyes. "I really don't want to talk about it, and I'd appreciate if you guys don't talk to him about what I just told you." I warn, looking at both of them.

"Why are you looking at us like that for?" Anne says from behind her cup.

"Because you guys are the queens of gossip, you chat too much you need to tone it down. Okay?"

"Of course darling, we won't say a word." My mum smiles making me lay back down on the couch in relief.