Chapter 19

12 AM in the morning. Why am I up? Enjoy the chapter though! :)

******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 19

The car ride was awkward. I didn't want to ask what they were arguing about. I was scared they'd both snap at me. There was so much tension during the ride back home, it was affecting everybody. I curled up into the seat of Josh's car. I refused to sit up next to him. I just didn't wanna start something in the car. Daniella went up next to him instead. She was absolutely clueless of what happened earlier, so she didn't understand why everything was so awkward.

I stared out the window of the car, trees and people and other cars zooming past us. I looked at a mother and a father, holding her daughter's hands as they walked down the street. Occasionally, they'd swing her up into the air for a moment, sending the little girl in a burst full of giggles as she looked up at her parents, begging them to do it again. The parents gave in, laughing at their daughter's eagerness. They swung her once more, smiles on all their faces. They were a cute little family. They were happy. You could see the loving look in the parents eyes as they beamed down at their daughter. Just the sight of it made me happy.

I sighed a bit, then began to daydream. Would I ever have a future like that with Niall? It was ironic because the couple both had blond hair. The man's wasn't styled like Niall's though. Didn't even come close. Niall's hair was perfect. I liked his little quiff. It made him look hot.

Ugh, I was still acting like such a fangirl. Even before I met Niall, I already had the names of our children and where we were going to live planned out. Haven't changed much, I guess. I laughed quietly to myself, and looked down at my phone. All of it was twitter notifications from other people. I didn't read them though. I had a long day. It was going on eight o' clock when we finally reached my house. Earlier I was tempted to just go by Niall's or the boys shared flat, but I didn't. I'd been over there enough already.

"See you at school, guys!" I said, pulling out all my bags and walking back into the house. Hazel gave me a small smile from the front seat as Josh and Daniella gave a quick wave. I ran to the door of my house, fumbled my hand around in my pocket, looking for my key. Once I got it, I slipped it in and opened it slowly. I could hear a bit of laughter inside and followed the melodic laughs.

"Back already?" My aunt asked, eyes turning away from the screen.

"Mmhmm! Wanna see what I got?" I squealed a bit as Ethan groaned into a pillow resting on the couch.

"I need to get my own place." I could've sworn he mumbled.

"You need to get a girlfriend too."

"Shuddup."

"Hey, it's better than hiding out in the basement going 'pew pew pew' all day." I shrugged innocently as my aunt laughed even more.

"All right enough. Lemme see what you bought." She said, and reached out for the yellow bag from Forever 21. We dug through everything, mentally putting things together and thinking of things that would go with the tops and skirts. I showed her the few necklaces and bracelets I got, and the earrings too. I could be fairly girly at times, but most of the time I'm not worrying about my hair or fussing over my frilly skirt.

"I'm tired though." I laid down on the carpet, right in the middle of my pile of clothes.

"You had a nap earlier, though." Ethan said, a bit puzzled.

"My friend, you can never get enough sleep."

He smirked a bit. "True. Very true, Adelaide."

"Why don't you go call your boyfriend?" Aunt May teased. She really acted like a kid sometimes, which is what I loved about her. I blushed a bit. The thought of being Niall's girlfriend still made me giddy. It felt weird though. It seemed like just the other day I sent Niall that harmless little tweet. Who knew it would turn out to be something bigger. It turned out to be a relationship with my favorite Irish boy in the world and friendships with my other four boys. I could actually call them 'my boys' now. We were that close.