Chapter 25

Okay guys! This is a chapter that I was very very excited for. I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do. :) xo

********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 25

Addie's POV

"Addie," Niall's soft voice called out to me. I glanced up at him but looked right back down at my shoes. He gently placed a hand on my cheek, ironically the one he hit and caressed it. I felt a tear slowly roll down my face as I tried to look anywhere but at his face. He took his thumb and lightly brushed the tear off my cheek. "Please don't cry." He seemed a bit upset that I didn't respond or anything.

"Adelaide, I'm sorry. I didn't know what came over me. You know I would n-n-never hurt you like that. I-I was drunk. I w-wasn't thinking. I was stupid to hit such a beautiful girl." His voice cracked and shook. He let out the heaviest sigh in the world, as I raised my eyes to him. He had his head down. Tears were falling down his own cheeks and plopping down on to the cobblestone. I slowly let go of Liam's arm and he seemed to take the hint that we needed some alone time.

Niall watched Liam go, raising his eyes, allowing me to see them stained with red. With a shaky breath and hands, he walked over to the tree where his guitar was leaning against. He picked it up and let his fingers do the talking. They moved with ease as they strummed and pushed down on the strings, making the most beautiful music I'd ever heard. All the while, he was still crying a bit, adding even more emotion to the simple, yet sweet gesture. He opened up his mouth, and sang to me.

"When I look into your eyes,

It's like watching the night sky,

Or a beautiful sunrise,

There's so much they hold,

And just like them old stars,

I see that you've come so far,

To be right where you are,

How old is your soul?

I won't give up on us,

Even if the skies get rough,

I'm giving you all my love,

I'm still looking up,

And when you're needing your space,

To do some navigating,

I'll be here patiently waiting,

To see what you find,

Cause even the stars they burn,

Some even fall to the earth,

We've got a lot to learn,

God knows we're worth it,

No, I won't give up

My eyes watered as Niall continued to sing to me. This was the boy I fell in love with. Even though it was such an emotional song, he still seemed to be on top of the world with his six stringed instrument. His voice warmed my heart. I'd never had anyone sing to me before and I was so glad Niall was the first to ever do so. With the lights twinkling around us, rose petals letting out their sweet smell, and the lanterns only lighting our way, all anger and bitterness toward Niall seemed to melt away. His voice was captivating. The song started to come to a close as he sang the last verse. I never wanted this moment to end though.

"I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love