Chapter 29

Chapter 29

4 months without Niall seemed like the longest time, but our love only grew stronger and stronger.

We'd been dating for a while now. 2 years and still going strong. I often wondered to myself how I just got so lucky. It could've been any girl who got a reply from Niall, but he picked my tweet. He could've just sent me that one tweet and totally forgotten about me, but he didn't. We DMed and texted, and I felt like I'd know him forever. He was my best friend. I'd fallen in love with my best friend.

He was learning about me too. After finding out my love for horses, on Christmas Eve and after Louis' birthday party, he took me out to the stables and showed me the most gorgeous horse I'd ever seen in my entire life. His name was Blackjack and he had a gorgeous black mane and chocolate brown skin. Even the way he moved was so majestic. Niall saw how much I loved the horse and literally bought it for me. I tried to talk him out of it but he insisted, so know I officially own a horse.

Our love wasn't perfect though. Yeah, we still fought a lot, like any couple would. Little fights though, usually caused by jealousy. He never hit me again and never came home drunk. Sometimes it was my fault, but most of the time it was his if I may say. But even through it all, we stood by each other. Our love was too strong to let go.

Simon let the boys go on a well deserved break for at least a month and Niall took the opportunity to take me to Ireland.

"It's gorgeous." I pressed my face to the glass of Niall's car as we drove past the rolling hills of green. Even though it was raining I still loved it. There was something about the Emerald Isle that captivated me. It was even better than Niall said it was.

"Welcome to Mullingar, babe." He smiled wide at me from his seat as I returned it. I'd never seen Niall so antsy on the plan. He seemed so excited to be back. I was antsy for a different reason. Today I'd be meeting his family. His mum Maura and his brother Greg. Hopefully everything would go well.

Niall took my hand as we walked up to the door of his house, rushing under the roof to avoid the cold rain falling down. "Ready to meet them?" He asked me, after knocking lightly on the wooden door.

"Nervous." I admitted. "Do I look okay? Is my dress appropriate and is my makeu-" He shut me up with the kiss as I felt him smirk against my lips. I pulled away as he smiled. "You look perfect. How could they not love you?" He kissed my head sweetly just as Maura opened the door, giving me a warm and safe feeling.

"Niall!" She embraced her youngest son into a hug and kisses along his face.

"Missed you, Mum."

"Missed you too, baby."

"Aww, baby." I teased an already red Niall who rolled his eyes at me and muttered a quick 'shuddup'. Maura laughed at us as I continued to tease him, pinching his cheek. He smacked my hand away, making us all laugh.

"You must be Adelaide. I've heard a lot about you." Maura smiled wide at me as she led us inside. "Greg! Come say hello!"

Meeting the Horans went well. They seemed to like me. I got along with Greg quite well and heard a few stories I could probably use against Niall if I didn't get my way. Ooh, I love blackmailing people. I'd spent two days with them total. The next day I went shopping with Maura at the local mall. She reminded me a lot of May. Greg and I bonded over a little lunch. He had an appetite as big as Niall's.

My favorite day had to be our last day at Ireland. Niall took me up to a special place he would go to whenever he was feeling bummed or needed a quiet place to write a song. I could see why he loved it so much. He took me at night and brought big warm blankets, some Nando's, and his guitar. It was this plain of empty space, all grass, and had a clear view of the night sky. I laid on his chest, wrapped up in our blankets as we pointed out stars and other things.

"That makes a S!" I pointed out to him, as he looked in the direction.

"Where?"

"There!"

"I don't see it."

"Stupid, it's right there! Are you blind?" I turned his head so he had to be looking at it. If he still could see it, I don't know what I'd do.

"Ohhhhhh!" Niall said, finally realizing that it did make a 'S'."There's a N too."

I looked down at our intertwined hands, Niall's bigger one enveloping my smaller one. I liked it this way. I squeezed his hands. Together forever.

"Do you get just wanna forget the world sometimes?" Niall started to say, staring at the glittery night sky.

"All the time." I admitted.

"Well, how about we forget the world tonight. Stay here forever."

"Forever's a long time." I looked over at Niall. "But forever with you? Sounds nice."

Niall seemed to be in his own little world, until he stood up. He begged me to get up all of a sudden too and did something I never expected.

September 4th. I kept saying in my head, hoping I'd never forget the day Niall popped the question. I'd never forget such a perfect day. Such a perfect moment.

He got down on one knee and looked up at me and only me. No distractions. Just us. Only us.

"Adelaide Thompson, I'd like to change your last name." He looked up at me hopefully. "Stay with me forever? I can't live without you, babe." His blue eyes begged me to say yes. How could I say no? My eyes watered as he went on about the day we first met, how even with the flour on my face and hair I still looked amazing. He went over everything he loved about me, making me die a little more on the inside with each word. I'd never felt more special. Only he could make me feel this way, and I loved him for that. He finished, with a sigh and hands fidgeting as he held the little black box. "Addie, I love you. Too much to let you go. I can only see myself with you. Only you. You're my best friend. Thank the Lord for Twitter. I'm so glad I met you, Addie. So, what do you say?"

I could troll him and pause to think about it, but those eyes. He looked so cute when he was nervous too. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Yes! Yes!" I jumped into his arms and pressed my lips to his, letting all my happiness out. Once we broke away, I watched as he slipped the gorgeous ring on me. "Forever." I read the engraving on the outside which led up to the big diamond.

"Forever, babe. Just you and me."

Sounds perfect. Just perfect.

************************************************************************************************************

2 parts after this. :') hope you liked the update. I'm messing with your emotions! XD love you snowflakes! xoxo