Chapter 20

The moment we've all been waiting for. Here it is, snowflakes! Chapter 20!

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 20

Addie's POV

The whole morning I couldn't stop thinking about what Josh wanted to talk about. We were going to Starbucks. It must've been serious then. I showered, brushed my teeth, and quickly styled my hair. I changed into some fairly nice clothes. Jeans, light top, and Converse. Nothing special.

"Going to Starbucks. See ya later!" I said, starting to run out the door.

"Get me a coffee!" Ethan shouted after me.

"NO!" I stuck my tongue out at him, slamming the door and laughing as I heard him groan. It was only 10:12 A.M. I was good on time, casually walking down the sidewalk, taking in the stores and people around me. I took a deep breath, smelling the whiff of coffee coming from Starbucks. 10:29 A.M. I was early. Josh walked in and gave me a small smile.

"Did you want something?" He asked and I nodded. We walked up into line together, making small talk. We finally got to the front of the line and Josh spoke before I could. "One vanilla frappuccino and a vanilla bean créme frap with whole milk and light on the whipped cream." My eyes widened as he said it with no problem. "Oh and can I get a blueberry scone on the side?" The cashier nodded, a bit over whelmed with our order.

"You remembered m-my order?" I asked, pretty surprised. It was a bit complicated.

"Of course." He smiled at me. "We're pretty close." He paused a second. "I mean, doesn't Niall know your order?"

I frowned slightly, realizing that he probably didn't. "Well, no. He doesn't..."

"Did you even go to Starbucks with him? Like you both promised?"

"No." I mumbled. I fiddled with my thumbs until someone called our names. Josh got our drinks and my scone, and we sat near a window. I sipped my coffee, the sweet and creamy treat. I was also feeling slightly uncomfortable as Josh press on. Niall didn't know my favorite food or my favorite flower. It bugged me a bit.

"You sure you and Niall are happy together?"

I was a bit annoyed that Josh was questioning our relationship, but silently I kept track of how many things Niall knew about me compared to Josh.

Niall- 7 points, Josh- 16 points.

Niall stood up for me when I was bullied. Josh never even bothered or knew about it. Even when I was having a bad day, he never asked or called to check up on me, like Niall did.

Niall- 102, Josh- 16

"Yeah, we are Josh." I smiled. "Why do you care so much?"

"Well, I care about you." His bigger hand reached for mine. My body tensed , and I shot him a look that said 'What-the-heck-did-you-just-do?'. I casually slipped my hand away, pulling a piece off of my scone and biting it slowly. Josh bit his lip as my eyes wandered around absentmindedly. His fault he made it so awkward.

"What did you really come here for, Josh?" I questioned, resting my hand back down on the table, tapping impatiently. He took my hand again, holding it ever so tightly so I couldn't break free.

"Adelaide, we've been friends for a while now. And I really care-"

My eyes widened. I knew where this was going. I knew exactly what was happening now. I'd seen this in those movies all the time. "Ohhhh, no. No, no, no, no, no. NO."