What you don't know pt1

"Go get Mr Todd now!" Mrs Lovett screeched at Toby in absolute pain whilst clutching her already swollen ankle in agony. Laid out on the floor of her pie shop Mrs Lovett had tripped on a bucket of coal only for her to go flying to the floor with a nasty crash knocking pots and pans on her way down. As she fell the bucket of coal toppled down along with her covering her ankle and foot, crushing her in the most painful way. She held back the tears as she waited for Sweeney to come and help her. She wasn't strong enough to lift the bucket full of heavy coal and neither was Toby. She needed him and needed him now!

The bell to her shop sounded and in rushed a very worried Toby. Mrs Lovett was quick to notice that Mr Todd was no where to be seen.

"Well!" Mrs Lovett snapped in anger not to mention pain. "Where the bleedin' ell is he?" She winced desperately trying not to cry out in pain.

"H-heeee's with a c-customer told me to get lost" Toby nervously rambled biting his bottom lip and scrunching up his apron anxiously in his clammy hands. He felt so frantic rushing up and down those stairs without being able to help Mrs Lovett.

Gritting her teeth in anger Mrs Lovett looked Toby dead in the eyes. "Did ya tell him I can't bloody move! Did you tell him I was in pain?!" She screeched again hitting her hand on the floor in anger. She was sick of Mr Todd not caring about her! She did everything for him and yet he still didn't bother helping her in return!

"Y-Yes! Yes I did"

Ouch! Suddenly it wasn't her swollen ankle that hurt so much. He knew she was in pain and still he didn't drop everything he had to come and help. That hit her harder then a tone of bricks.

Blinking at that Mrs Lovett composed herself before replying "Then you go back up there and tell e'm if he don't come an elp me, I will personally kick e'm out back on the streets....with me good foot that is...ya hear?"she snapped turning almost red with fury.

Nodding quickly and timidly Toby rushed back outside and fled up towards Mr Todd's parlour again leaving her to lay on the floor in agony. She would kill Sweeney Todd if he didn't come down here and help her. She never asked for anything from him even allowed him to stay living upstairs rent free but if he couldn't help her out when she desperately needed it then what use was he. She felt so tired of loving a man that clearly never looked at her twice.

The door opened and the bell rung loudly into the shop and that's when she spotted both Sweeney and Toby making their way over to her. "Bout bloody time" she muttered loud enough for him to see just how upset and distressed she was he hadn't come down sooner.

Wiping his hands on a towel that still lingered with shaving cream Sweeney didn't pay her much attention and instead crouched down to where her foot was trapped. "How did this happen?" He mumbled dryly examining the bucket of heavy coal rather then lifting it right away.

Losing her patients Mrs Lovett gritted her teeth. "Just take the damn thing off, my foot is crushed under there" she snapped feeling tears roll down her cheeks considering she was in so much pain.

Glancing towards her Sweeney began to remove some of the coal from around her ankle and then began to lift the heavy bucket that had her trapped. It was so heavy even Toby noticed how red he looked just trying to move the thing.

Wincing Mrs Lovett tried her best to wiggle her foot free. Sweeney had now lifted it high enough for her to move, which she did as painlessly as she muster. Now her foot was free he was able to pull the whole bucket back up into its original position.

"Are you alright" Toby asked with nothing but concern radiating from his brown eyes.

Laying there still in pain Mrs Lovett tried her best to hold back the tears. "Yes" She whispered unconvincingly.