What you don't know pt5

Mrs Lovett had never felt so hurt in all her life. she felt used and betrayed by Sweeney. She knew he was the devil but never thought he would use her for his own needs. He put himself first before even considering how hurt she might feel the next morning. She was fuming!

Rolling out her ball of dough vigorously, she plastered on a fake smile as Johanna and Anthony left again for the day. She waved them goodbye and looked happy in the process even though she wanted to cry her poor heart out. Toby was also out with some friends leaving Mrs Lovett to tend to the shop on her own for yet another day. The worst thing was she only had one or two customers in this morning that left as quick as they came in.

She wished she was busy so she could keep her mind on something else. She didn't know what to do anymore, she felt so disgusting, so worthless and that's all because Sweeney Todd tried paying her for taking her to bed last night. Should could have killed him for even attempting to pay her with that dirty money of his. Who was he to treat her like a common whore?!

Huffing to herself Mrs Lovett couldn't help but roll out the dough roughly imagining it was Sweeney's head under her rolling pin. It was like she was getting her anger out on the dough and if anyone was to see her like this it was clear she was stressed and angry.

The side door to her shop opened which caused her to look up and see none other then Sweeney Todd walk in with his usual unreadable expression.

"You ave' some bloody nerve comin' down ere!" She said stubbly rolling out the rough with all her might.

Sweeney could see she was still very upset. He approached her carefully, watching as she glanced daggers at him from the corner of her eyes. Her side eyes would have stopped others from approaching but not Sweeney. He stood beside her and removed the rolling pin from her hands placing it down away from her grasp.

"What the ell' do ya think ya doin' Mr Todd" she spat throwing her hands to her hips and staring into his motionless face. God how she wanted to slap him again! The cheek of him coming down here and stopping her from her work.

"You listen to me before you start jumping to conclusions like this morning" he warned her grabbing her wrist tightly and pulling her close much to her own anger. With his free hand he reached into his trouser pocket to retrieve the same amount of coins he tried giving her before. Her eyes narrowed on the familiar bag of money.

"The brothel is down the end of the street, take ya filthy money there" she hissed wrenching her wrist free. She now knew why he took the rolling pin from her. If she was able to pick it up she would have hit him by now.

"The money is to pay my rent! Not for your services!"

Her eyes glanced back at him and she frowned. "Since when do you pay rent?" She asked still utterly confused as to what was going on.

"Since I realised I have been treating you wrongly" he paused a moment trying not to sound like a complete push over. But at the same time he knew he owed her an apology "....I didn't mean to shout at you this morning, I was just stuck in my thoughts and confused...I wanted to give you the money to say sorry and to tell you I would be paying from here on in" he explained with a hint of annoyance to his tone. He seemed really worked up like this was the hardest thing he ever had to do. Being honest and sorry wasn't a usual trait of Sweeney Todd.

Mrs Lovett however was a little taken back. If this were true that did help ease the pain she had been feeling before. She really thought he was paying her for their night together, she didn't realise it was rent money.

"Ya mean you were never paying me for last night?" She whispered to which he sighed and clenched his jaw unsure about how he would talk about this matter. Last night was an impulse, just sexual frustration that he shared with an exhale sexually frustrates Mrs Lovett. Although he enjoyed it he couldn't go back, if he did he knew he would begin to build feelings towards her. He couldn't have that happen, not when he was so devoted to Lucy.