What you dont know pt2

It had been a week. A week of slavery in Sweeney Todd's eyes. Mrs Lovett being glued to her bed was possibly the worst thing he could ever imagine. This week had proved just how much he did need his partner in crime by his side. He couldn't do it all on his own, he really did take her for granted, he realised that now. He was sick of having to see to the pies all on his own, he had to cancel bookings for his own clients to see to Mrs Lovett's and he hated it.

Having to cook for her was something he also felt uncomfortable with. I mean showing her this kind of affection might make her already strong feeling towards him grow that little bit more. He wasn't a fool, he knew all to well that Mrs Lovett wanted him. At first the idea repulsed him, however he would be lying if he said he also didn't enjoy it too. He would never love her but he found it fun toying with her from time to time, as evil as that was. As long as she kept on loving him she would do whatever he asked, and that's all he wanted.

Coming down the stairs from his parlour Sweeney paused on the steps when he noticed Mrs Lovett rolling out some dough on her work top. His eyes widened slightly, this was probably the best he had felt all week. She was better, Thank god...

Stepping into the pie shop Sweeney sighed a little in relief "You're back" he mumbled to which Mrs Lovett chuckled and hobbled over to him while running her floury hands down her corset. She still wasn't fully recovered but at least she could move about on it.

"I'm ain't promisin' I'll be openin' all day but least it feels better to walk on" She grinned looking into his still cold eyes. "Thanks for lookin' after me this week" she whispered moving closer before hesitantly placing her hand on his chest gently. She watched as his eyes trailed towards her hand and could feel him tense.

Clearing his throat Sweeney licked his lips awkwardly before removing her hand slowly off him "just glad I don't have to make you dinner anymore" he mumbled before moving past her.

She rolled her eyes and watched as he pulled out the gin and one glass.

"Not gonna offer me one?" She pipped up with a small smirk playing about her lips. His back was towards her so she couldn't tell if he was smiling or gritting his teeth. Probably the second one knowing him.

Reaching up he pulled out another glass and filled both with a rather generous amount.

"How's business today?" She asked softly hoping he might stay and chat to her then just get up and leave. She had been cooped up in her bedroom for a week now. She only ever saw him now and again when he brought her food. But he was never happy about doing it and never stayed to talk to her either.

She was able to walk on her foot but it still hurt ever so slightly and therefore wasn't suitable to work all day. A few hours here and there maybe but not all day, not yet. She felt bad leaving Sweeney in charge of business but she didn't have a choice.

Turning around without replying he walked towards her and handed her the glass of gin. His eyes met hers briefly before he downed his in one causing her mouth to slowly drop "ya tryin' to get ya'self drunk?" She asked in surprise noticing how he just looked at her blankly.

"Johanna is coming home tomorrow"

Now her mouth really was agape! What!

"W-whhat! How did this, how do you...what!" Mrs Lovett rambled in complete shock.

Moving away from her Sweeney made his way to one of her booths. He sat down and ran his hands through his hair like he was a little stressed by the whole thing.

"Are you gonna drink that?" He grumbled looking at the full glass of gin in her hand.

Realising he wanted it she headed over to the booth and joined him by sitting opposite. "Here" she gave him her drink much to interested in Johanna right now to care about a stupid glass of gin.