FOUR

"Do you think they have anything decent to read here?" Loki wondered aloud, and my lips twitched at the corners, as I had wondered the same thing many times in the three days we had been there.
"Nothing really, but I've found a couple of things from Earth that could be entertaining." I muttered, moving to grab the things I had collected from under the bed.
I dumped the items on the bed, and began to separate the pieces of things.
I managed to get nearly every piece to chess, but we were able to improvise the last few.

"I wouldn't do that, I'll remove her, and you will lose." I warned, making Loki furrowed his eyebrows.
"I'll still have my king." He insisted, gesturing toward the piece. I rinsed my eyes to his, and the green irises almost sucked me in.
"Your king is useless without his queen." I spoke, making him raise an eyebrow.
"I think I'll take my chances," he smirked. I sighed and shook my head, moving to take his queen.
Two moves later, and Loki was heatedly collecting the game pieces, angry at his loss.
"I'm not even good, you just suck." I admitted, making him groan. I chuckled lightly and we sat for a few moments.
"How are you not getting bored on this planet?" I asked, looking at his figure, slouched on my bed.
"I party every night and then sleep until I wake to come check on you and then wander until I can repeat," he sighed.
"Sounds fun," I state sarcastically.
"Would you like to attend tonight's gathering with me?" Loki sat up, looking to me. I sat up to, raising my eyebrows.
"I, I suppose I could." I shrugged, making Loki chuckle.
"I'll see you then." He grinned, leaving me alone in the room. I moved to the wardrobe and searched for something appropriate to wear.
I settled on a black dress that fell to my knees with long sleeves. I wore the same gold-ish gladiator shoes that Loki had given me upon our arrival.
Loki came knocking as he said, and I opened the door slowly, uncomfortable under his eyes.
I didn't like being seen, being vulnerable.
"You clean up nicely." Loki smirked, making me roll my eyes.
"I'm already tempted to disappear, don't give me more reason." I threatened, grabbing the arm he held out for me.
"My apologies, Lady Cain." Loki offered, and I smiled at the apology.
We entered the large room together, and I clung to Loki's arm when heads turned toward us for a moment.
Men and women that Loki had befriended approached us, and Loki always introduced me as "his dear Cain."
"Hello Cain, I'm Aryra," a woman held her hand out to me. I smiled and let myself shake her blue-skinned hand.
"It's nice to meet you, Aryra." I greeted politely.
"Oh, come sit with us!" She shouted, grabbing my hand and pulling me toward a group of women.
"These are the girls, girls this is Cain!" The woman spoke to her friends, gesturing toward me.
The women greeted me warmly and soon we were all talking like I belonged there. It was something I hadn't done in a while, talking to girls. I was close to Natasha when we were together, but otherwise I pretty much stuck with Thor.
"So, Loki is very handsome." A woman with too many eyes leaned closer to me, staring at the man she had mentioned. I followed her gaze to him. He was laughing and talking animatedly, and I couldn't deny that he was very handsome.
"Tell us about him!" Aryra pleaded, making the women around me gasp and eagerly wait for me to speak.
"Well, he's-- uh..." I took a deep breath, trying to gather my words about the man, "well, he's very misunderstood. He's confused, and angry, and he deserved better than he got, I think." I spoke softly, unaware of whether I was speaking honestly or for show.
The girls shared looks and gushed at me. I was uncomfortable under the pressure, and stood to announce that I was going to get Loki.
I made my way toward the God and found him speaking with a couple, who were "very happy to meet me" and all that.
"Cain, I was just about to look for you," Loki began, then held a hand out to me, "come with me." He insisted, dragging me along.
We left the party and walked into a large elevator, with a glass wall to the outside.
"Where are you taking me, Loki?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled mischievously.
"Somewhere I've only just heard about." He teased, making me roll my eyes and shuffle my feet. The elevator dinged and we stepped out. I gasped at the sight around me and brought my hands up to my mouth, bending over with excitement.
"Loki how did you find this?" I questioned, stepping further into the library.
"I asked around at the gathering. It seems not many read around here, but collectors collect, you know?" He explained. I just let out an airy laugh as I scanned the shelves.
Loki and I picked a book each before settling down on the floor against a bookshelf together. We read for hours, and when we had come to the ends of our books, we began to leave.
"Thank you, Loki," I said in the elevator.
"Of course, Cain. If we're here, we might as well stick together." He shrugged, making me smile softly.
"You're right." I nodded, and in that moment more than any other I missed the raven haired man's brother.
"I miss Thor." I admitted quietly, making Loki's head snap toward me.
"I'm sorry, Cain." He whispered, and I knew it was genuine.
"Thank you, Loki." I said, and I meant it.
He smiled and we stepped out of the elevator, walking toward our rooms.
I thanked Loki again for the fun night and retired into the bedroom.
"Why don't you and your man share a room?" A voice spoke form the corner, making me jump and let out a yelp.