SIXTEEN

Tears blurred my vision as I searched the large garage for the remote. I let myself look over my shoulder at Loki, who looked like he was in so much pain. I finally found it and stood quickly, rushing over to him. However, i looked down at him for a moment as he looked back with pleading eyes, his veins dark as I watched it burn up his neck.
"Loki, you were wrong for this. This isn't how Thor and I should have had to remember a goodbye, and I shouldn't have stayed with you, but I did and I swear on my mother's life if you don't just listen to what I tell you from now on, I will leave. I will find a way to leave." I told him, his eyes were wide and his teeth gritted. I sighed and pressed the button, releasing him from the electric shocking. I glared at him through my tears, and wanted to disappear so bad, but Loki slowly stood, out of breath. He looked at me, and I watched with a small amount of shock as a few tears fell from his eyes. His lips curled and his face twisted, and a small sob left his body. I sighed deeply and pulled him into a hug. As much as I was mad, I felt for him.
"I'm so sorry Cain. I swear, anything." He whispered, pulling away. He kissed my forehead gently before the doors to the garage busted open. We both turned quickly to see many alien creatures. A large, stone creature with a fun spoke in a soft voice.
"Hey guys, we're about to jump on this ginormous spaceship, you wanna come?" He asked politely. I assumed Thor had started the revolution he spoke of. Loki looked to me before he spoke. His eyes were red rimmed. I nodded.
"You do look like you're in desperate need of a leader," Loki agreed.
Loki used his magic and got what little thing we had, mostly his armour, and we boarded the largest ship.
The ride there, Loki changed into his armor and we sat side by side. I looked to the helmet he had.
"That's not your helmet," I mumbled, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked at it. It was still gorgeous and shiny, but not the same full headed helmet he had before. Loki sends me a shy smile before leaning over to the other side of his seat. He grabs something from the ground and turns back, placing his helmet on my head.
It felt so right, and I felt powerful. The gold came around and cupped my cheeks, and I brushed a hand along it. My heart fluttered at the gesture, and I realized the danger of what we were doing.
"Thank you, Loki."
"Well," he looked down, unsure of what to say, "can't have that pretty head of yours getting hurt." He knocked gently on the helmet. I smiled softly and gripped his large hand in mine.
We both looked at our hands for a moment before meeting each other's eyes. Memories from that morning, our intimacy specifically, flooded into my mind; and I know his, too.
"I love you, Little One," he whispered. I had come to love the names.
"I love you, Loki."

Loki and I stood in the entrance to the large ship, prepared to begin ushering people onto it.
"Your savior is here!" Loki shouted dramatically, and I let him enjoy his moment of heroism, rolling my eyes.
Loki and I, along with the gladiators behind us, jumped off of the ship and onto the bridge. We gave each other one last look, separating hands and making our way through the crowd.
"Did you miss me?" Loki asked an Asgardians before shouting, "everybody on that ship!"
I begin tearing through the demonic creatures, using my sword and element of surprise. I looked up to see Loki taking down a creature.

 I looked up to see Loki taking down a creature

God he was hot.
I shook the thoughts from my head and continued tearing through the army.
Once it got down to a low number of creatures, Thor went to Loki and helped him up from where he had been knocked down. I walked to their sides, showing myself again.
"You're late," Thor gruffed.
"You're missing an eye," Loki pointed, and I craned my neck to see. Thor cringed back slightly and I sheepishly apologized, I had forgotten about the horns. Thor looks down at me and I give him a soft smile, both of our eyes, well his eye my eyes, were filled with emotion, but he simply smiled back and nodded, throwing an arm over me and hugging me close.
"It isn't over," Valkyrie said, walking up beside us. She stood between Thor and I once we separated. I stood between her and Loki. We all looked down the bridge at Hela.
Loki and Thor bickered lightly, but I could only hear my own heartbeat as I watched Hela stalk closer.
"I'm not doing 'get help,' Loki grumbled childishly, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Asgards not a place, it's a people," Thor said, the solution dawning on him. He explained to Loki what needed to be done. Loki nodded and began running toward the ship. I took a step to run after him, but Thor grabbed me by the back of my armor, pulling me back.
"Let him do this, I need you here." Thor said quietly, and I hesitantly nodded, watching Loki fly off.
Valkyrie back up to protect the Asgardians still boarding the ship from Hela's spears. I let myself disappear with a shaky breath, and I charged Hela with Thor.
I had to admit, I missed fighting with Thor in my weeks away from him.
Together we managed to land some blows on Hela, my element of surprise being the only reason I was still alive. However, I guess I got predictable, because I went to swing my sword at Hela and instead I was snatched out of the air by her. I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen and slowly looked down, reappearing in front of her smirking face.
Blood flowed from the hole where she pulled her dagger out of me.