~ pep talk ~

Jennie's POV

A few minutes after Lisa left, I heard a knock on the door.

"Jennie...can I talk to you?", a familiar voice said. It was Chaeyoung.

"...mmhmm. You can go inside.", I replied wiping the tears off my red cheeks as I saw her open the door.

"Jennie...I know what happened. Jisoo unnie and I heard all of it from outside. I...know that Lisa is at fault but, you know that you are too. You should apologize, unnie.", she said with a worried look on her face.

"I know...", I sighed. "...I want to tell her that i'm sorry too but, i'm afraid. What if she doesn't forgive me? I know how much I shouted at her and it was wrong. I'm scared to face her. You know how much she means to me, Chaeyoung.", I said trying to control my tears.

"Unnie, you know that she's not a kind of person who would do that. And, you don't know how much you mean to her too. You guys are friends...best friends. Maybe even more than that.", I heard her mumble the last part but it was crystal clear to my ears.

I smiled at the thought of it. The thought of being with her. It was a beautiful thought that would always light up my day.

That same thought gave me courage. Enough courage to face her. One of my biggest fears are confrontation. I have many fears but, I was really afraid of that. Maybe that's why I was also afraid to confront myself about my true feelings for Kai and Lisa.

After our short pep talk, Chaeyoung accompanied me to the room where Jisoo unnie and Lisa were.

Chaeyoung knocked on the door and said, "Hey...can we come in?".

Meanwhile...

Lisa's POV

"Lisa, can I come in?", I heard Jisoo unnie's voice from the other side of the door.

"S-sure", I said while wiping my tears and mascara that was all over my face.

"You okay?", she asked with a warm smile as she sat beside me.

"I don't know, unnie", I replied with my voice still shaking after crying a whole lot.

"Lisa, Chaeyoung and I heard it from outside and I heard Jennie shouting at you. I know her. She wouldn't do something like that without a proper reason but she can get reckless when she gets really hurt. I also know you. I know that you won't say anything without a reason as well but you can also lose your presence of mind when you're panicking.", she said.

I started crying again. It was true. I did panic earlier. I was afraid that she might know and reject me in ways that could hurt me. I wasn't afraid of getting hurt because I was used to it. But I was afraid of losing the only relationship I had with her which was our friendship.

"Chaeyoung went to talk to Jennie. They'll be here after a few minutes. You have to apologize because I know that she'll apologize as well. But before you two talk, clean yourself up first.", she said looking at me up and down. I looked at myself on the mirror and I looked like a wreck.

I quickly headed to the bathroom and changed into better clothes.

What a stressful morning!