~ as if ~

Lisa's POV

Jennie and I had a great time in the mall earlier and I saw her eyes sparkling at the sight of her new ring.

She also asked me if I could drop the "unnie" whenever we're not in public. After all, we're just a year apart.

I really can't believe everything that has happened this month and...I'm really happy. I feel energized to practice everyday because I get to see the people whom I love and I hope, loves me just as much.

The next day, Jennie said that she would meet an old friend in a restaurant near our place.

When she left, I sat down and watched TV but I accidentally sat on something. As I stood up and looked at where I was sitting, I found a phone.

It looked like Jennie's. She must've gotten to excited and left it.

I quickly wore a coat and shoes and headed out to look for Jennie.

Jennie's POV

Phew...

Good thing Lisa believed me. Although, it wasn't technically a lie. Kai was an old friend before we became together.

But...I still have this guilty feeling in my stomach telling me that I should've just told the truth. But I couldn't have.

I didn't want to tell her that I was meeting my ex. Anyone would be suspicious of that. If I told her, she would've come with me and believe me, that would be bad.

Kai...doesn't like Lisa very much. He would always ask before as a joke , "What did you see in her, right?". But it didn't always sound like a joke. Sometimes, it would sound as serious as hell.

As for Lisa, she obviously didn't like him either. If I brought her with me, it would be really awkward and Kai and I wouldn't be able to talk properly.

When I got to the VIP room of the restaurant that he reserved, I saw him sitting there, patiently scrolling through YouTube.

As he felt my presence, he quickly smiled and stood up.

"Hey.", he said in a calm voice. "Hi..", I replied as I smiled back and sat down on the seat across him.

We had the usual small talk and caught up with each other. It felt nice hanging out with him like this again. As if nothing happened. As if there was nothing else going on between us. As if we were just friends. As if we never broke up.
(A/N: 🎶Majimakcheoreom mamamajimakcheoreom🎶)

When the food arrived, we stopped talking and developed an awkward silence.

"J-jennie...", he started as I hummed in response. "The reason I asked you here...", he continued.

I got nervous. I forgot to ask him why he wanted to meet me. I didn't actually think much of it. H-he...didn't want to get back together right?

A/N:
Did you enjoyyy??? Well thnxx soo much for 2.39K readsss! I hope you still support my stories even tho they're cringey. Please vote! And I will reaaaaally appreciate if you give your feedback on my story in the comments! There might be 3-4 more chapters right after this so yeahhh please continue readingg. Tysm again!😘😘😘