Chapter 8: gay best friend

I tell the guys were to sit and Kaden my favorite waiter sees us and comes "hi mami" they all stare at him and then at me wondering if he knows me or he's just a pervert "Kaden I haven't seen you in such a long time. I've missed you"

"Me too but it's your fault that you haven't seen me you never come in anymore."

"I know but with my dad and school I just don't have time" he looks at me with a sympathetic look but Phillip stares at me confused "what do you mean with your dad? is he sick or something?" my eyes go wide.

Fuck I forgot they were here I look at Kaden mouthing help me but he just stares daggers at me because he realized that I hadn't told them about my dad "no he's not it's just that he likes to... spend a lot of time with me."

"Oh, ok" phew he believed it that was close.

Kaden leaves us with the menu but I already know what to order "what the hell does this thing say?" oops I forgot the menu was in Spanish "give that to me I already know what you're having."

"Bossy, I like it" I look at him and start shaking my head, "I told you no yesterday no right now."

He chuckles "what the hell are-"at that moment a man picks me up twist me around puts me on the ground and squeezes me to his chest, I look at him to see who this mysterious man is and I immediately hug him it's Sergio, I haven't seen him in such a long time and by that I mean 2 weeks "omg I've missed you so much."

"Me to bitch I've been so busy" we smile at each other and I look down at his clothes Oh my God "I didn't know you worked here."

"Yeah, I just stated" he smiles at me and I already know what that smile means. He had an idea "you should come work here."

"Please we both know that that's never gonna happen but your so lucky you get to work with Kaden I haven't seen him since he graduated high school."

"Yeah, it's pretty great... this is one of my jobs that I actually enjoy" I smile sympathetically because I know that he works hard and by hard I mean that he has 4 jobs 5 if we're counting this one.

We stand there taking in the moment when suddenly Phillip interrupts "I thought you said you were single" Oliver slaps him on the arm "Phillip don't be rude" Chase turns around to look at us.

"You guys make such a cute couple" me and Sergio start laughing so hard. Oh my God, he thinks that we are a couple, to me that's everything "what's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing."

"No please tell me."

"Ok, but chill pretty boy don't get jealous."

"we are not a couple, he's just my best friend."

"Yeah, she's not my type. All doe you really do have kind of a manly jawline" I roll my eyes "thank you Serg love you too."

"Don't worry any day."

"wait, wait, wait what do you mean by manly?" I and Serg look at each other with one of those looks, you know what type of look I'm talking about "should we tell them?"

"I don't know if they're ready" we turn around to look at the guys, "tell us what?" Serg looks at me and nods his head.

"I'm gonna tell them" he lets go of me, takes a deep breathe the guys stick there heads out basically saying no not saying begging him to tell them "I'm gay so..."

"Oh....cool" he smiled at me even doe we weren't a couple I loved Serg he was like my brother in some kind of way no in every kind of way he's always there for me always knows what to say always knows how to make the pain go away "I have to go but if you want me to take your order I can."

"Oh that's right we came here to eat, almost forgot" he rolls his eyes and smiles at me "oh Maya you have the memory of goldfish" I wasn't gonna argue because it was true."

"4 orders of tacos al pastor and one chicharron de queso for everyone."

"You got it babe" he left quickly and know it was just us four "your friend Sergio was nice."

"I know, I love him so much."

"Since when do you know him?" I don't really know "since I can remember his like my brother we have always been there for each other."

"I know your not a couple but damn you guys are so cute."

"Shut up Oliver" Chase and Oliver look at each other and smile "look who's jealous" he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not jealous, it's just that...um-" before he can finish Chase cuts him off "um, um your not eating, just admit it you like Maya" me and him blush why? I don't know, it's not like we liked each other, di we? no, no if you give someone your heart they'll just destroy it, trust me on that.

"No I don't like her it's just that..." I look at him and raise an eyebrow "you don't like me, what am I too ugly for you?"

"No, no, no I'd be lucky to be with a girl as beautiful as you-" I quickly cut him off "oh so you do like me?"

"NO, just that, that...ugh" me Chase an Oliver start laughing, poor thing he couldn't even find the words so he was getting angry hilarious "chill Phillip we're just joking around" he takes a deep breath

"I hate you all" that just makes us laugh harder.

After we ate and did some small talk the guys paid because A: the insisted. And B: my ass is broke as hell so... that's that.

We started heading to the guy's car so they could drop me off obviously I told you about it. Me and Phillip were just standing waiting for Oliver and Chase because of course, they forgot their keys "could you give me your address?"

"It's fine I can go in the front seat and guide whoever is driving."

"No so I can pick you up tomorrow" first yes there is school tomorrow because I don't know and second what the hell was that "smooth."

"But could you?" it would be nicer than taking the bus "you can pick me up-" he starts celebrating before I can even finish.

"Don't celebrate yet let me finish."

"Okay sorry."

"But you have to pick me up at the bus stop" he smiles his face a bit confused but yet he smiles at himself "fine you have yourself a deal."

After that nothing, much happened we just got in the car and they dropped me off.