Chapter 13

Is this what dying felt like?

Laying in his sleeping bag, Felix cries in pain as another uncontrollable spasm takes over his body. He'd laid like this for hours, unable to move. His fever had skyrocketed, making everything around him cold.

He'd never felt pain like this. Every cut, scrape or bruise he had ever recieved before now was nothing compared to this. It felt like his blood pressure was spiking, and about to explode.

His leg wound was a nasty purple, and had been hidden away again. There was nothing that could be done for it now. If he was lucky, he wouldn't lose his leg.

If he survived the Games, that was.

A worried Jeongin had tried to feed Felix food and trickle water into his mouth. The blonde could see he was stressing over him, and wanted to tell him not to worry, that he would be okay.

At this point, however, Felix didn't know if he would be okay.

He just wanted Changbin and Jisung to come back as soon as possible, with his medicine. Safe and sound.

Crying out in pain after a particularly bad wave, he clutches his neck. God, how Felix wished Chan were nearby. The memory of hearing his cousin's comforting voice brought tears to his eyes. He just wanted Chan to tuck him into bed, kiss his forehead, and tell him everything would be okay.

That or Changbin. He missed the kisses they had shared that very first night. Ever since, they hadn't done anything like that, whether out of nerves or the situation. Felix now regretted their decision, wishing Changbin would return soon.

Jeongin comes back to his side with the water bottle. "
"Felix--"

Cracking open his mouth as much as he could, Jeongin carefully gives him another drink. Felix watches him: the younger's face was slightly twisted as he concentrated.

Changbin and Jisung hadn't yet returned, and Felix was worried sick. He was worried about how the black-haired boy's shoulder was affecting him. Given the two of them only had a bow and a dagger, the chances of their survival were relatively low.

Looking down at the red mark on his wrist, Felix wished he and Changbin weren't linked in this way. The anxiety of knowing that if he died from this disease, that Changbin would pass away too, stressed him out immensely.

Felix is distracted by this thoughts by Jeongin pulling the water bottle away. Feeding him small pieces of bread, Jeongin sighs. "I... I hope they're okay. It's been ages."

Unable to respond, Felix hums in response. He shivers, and Jeongin gently runs his fingers through his hair. "Are you feeling better?"

The younger boy had looked scared since the moment Felix woke up. The blonde shakes his head in response, groaning at the movement. His body and muscles ached with sickness. This was like the flu, but way worse, and wondered if when Chan was this unwell he felt the same.

Felix hated getting sick. He wanted to be out there in the arena, and able to protect his friends at all costs.

As Jeongin moved to pull away, Felix reaches up to grasp his wrist. The younger pauses, worry filling his features until Felix pats his pockets.

The blonde pulls out Chan's dear Rubiks Cube, opening the younger's larger hand and placing the plastic toy in them.

"Play," he breathes, smiling softly at the younger. Jeongin blinks, before taking the Rubik's Cube.

"Oh, Felix... Is this your token?" He looks sad as he holds it. Felix nods, smiling softly.

"Thanks," he whispers, patting his hand. He tried to say 'thank you for looking after me', but Jeongin seemed to understand anyway.